OB Customer Service

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to do a quick write up on the great service I got from Royce at OB cues.

I bought an OB classic shaft from a distributor, and had a Moori tip put on it before it shipped.

When I got the shaft, it had a very slight roll to it, and it was extremely rough. It didn't seem like it had been finish sanded at all. I tried to smooth it out as best I could with some micro burnishing paper and that helped some, but it still was not great. Also, I wanted to wait a week or so to see if the roll in the shaft was due to the weather change between where the shaft came from and here. I live in Bismarck ND, and it has been SUPER COLD!!!

When the problem was still there after a week, I sent Royce and email and gave him a call. He was very helpful, and immediately said that he would gladly send me out another shaft. I told him that I had changed out the tip before it shipped, and asked what tip normally comes on the shafts. He told me that since I had went through enough trouble with the shaft already, he would be willing to put on ANY tip he had in stock just to make things right.

Now THAT is some great customer service!

I got the new shaft today, complete with a Kamui Black Super Soft, and could not be happier with it!

If anyone is on the fence about trying one of these shafts, take it from a VERY satisfied customer. OB cues doesn't just make an awesome product -They stand behind their product like nobody else I have ever seen!

Thanks again Royce and the OB cues team for a great product, and OUTSTANDING customer service!!!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ob -1

Bought my ob 1 in Vegas from my old pal Don Owens, he's the O in OB. Don moved from Gods country south to Texus, is that how you spell it? Anyway my tip falls off one night and I let my tip guy install a new tip, but the spacer pad thinghy had fallen off with the tip and he was unaware of a spacer and didn't use one. About 3 shots into my new tip the ferrule starts crumbling like a chocolate chip cookie. Of course we still were unaware of the spacer thing. E-mailed Royce and discovered our little problem and no sweat send the shaft and it will be fixed. Sure enough, done deal, no charge and got shaft back quick. That's service. But that's how business should be done if you plan on staying in business.

McFarland

OB1 - no service

I have bought mine from their dealer in Madrid for 195 Euros.

The ferrule is overlapping the shaft on about 1/4 of the circumference.
It isn't a big difference but you can feel it and I find that unacceptable for that money an for OB Cues name and fame. (I am from Romania and it costed me half of my monthly salary). But this isn't the point.
The point is that I sent an email simply asking how to correct the problem myself and nobody from OB Cues has bothered to send me any kind of answer solving the issue or suggesting something.

So I received an OB1 shaft with an uneven ferrule looking like one of the cheap chinesee cues and no service at all.

RBC

Deceased
McFarland

Sorry that we missed your email! I'm not sure what happened, but I don't seem to find anything that matches this.

Please re-contact us at sales@obcues.com.

We should be able to work something out for you.

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I had no idea that OB was located here in the Country of Texas. I've been hearing great things, hope to buy an OB shaft sometime when budget allows.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A frienid of mine received a new OB that looked like the OP's shaft. OB offered a full refund, kudos for that. But this isn't an isolated incident. What's going on over there?

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, a friend of mine just got an OB2 for his birthday a couple of days ago and he's happier than a kid with his first bicycle. No problems whatsoever, he's completely satisfied. Even the transition from his 13mm soft to an 11mm medium isn't really throwing him.

I have about six friends that own OB2's and one has an OB break. They all love them. Wonder if it has something to do with the OB1 and Classic? Bad batch of wood? Either way, with a lifetime warranty and outstanding customer service (other than McFarland's situation), I would still love to have one. Maybe I should start hinting to my family members, my birthday's coming up soon......:D