Z2 S-Tuned Shaft

jshea1212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello! I recently found out about the S-Tuned Z2 shafts. Does anyone have input on these? I use a Z2 and shoot ( I Feel) Good. I do feel uncomfortable in a closed bridge with this shaft. Besides the taper being different will this play any differently???
Thanks

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am currently using the Z2 s-tuned shaft and I like the way it plays. It has a little bit more squirt than the regular Z2 but it doesn't affect me much because my previous playing shaft was a Mcdermott G-Core 12mm. The main reason I prefer the Z2 s-tuned shaft over the regular Z2 is the taper. I like playing with a pro taper over a conical taper.

Casper980

Registered
I am currently using the Z2 s-tuned shaft and I like the way it plays. It has a little bit more squirt than the regular Z2 but it doesn't affect me much because my previous playing shaft was a Mcdermott G-Core 12mm. The main reason I prefer the Z2 s-tuned shaft over the regular Z2 is the taper. I like playing with a pro taper over a conical taper.

I just switched from a Gcore to a Z2 S tuned as well, only been playing with it for a week, really like it so far. Great upgrade IMHO. I decided to try the Victory Medium tip it comes with but I think I am driving back to Seyberts this week to change it for a Kamui Clear Black Super Soft. I really liked the way the Kamui hit on my Gcore so I am going to switch it. Lucky for me Seyberts is only a 30 min drive. I play closed bridge and I like the way the pro taper feels compared to the standard conical taper. My Gcore has 12.75 shaft so having to adjust my bridge slightly for the smaller shaft was fine, but I do think having the same diameter helps keep the narrow shaft on target for me. Whether it plays different then a standard conical shaft I don't know because I have not played with one long enough to get a good feel for it.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd been interested in extending the taper on my Z2, but ended up going against it. I didn't like the feel of such a small tip with closed bridge, even though I would consider myself to have smaller hands than most folks on this forum (I wear S sized gloves comfortably). Picked up a Mezz WX900, the .25mm increase feels right for closed bridge to me.

poolpariah

Registered
I play with a z2 s-tuned with a Predator soft tip and love it. If you are uncomfortable with a closed bridge on your current z2 then perhaps a pro taper would suit your needs. Personally, I feel the s-tuned feels and plays better than any other shaft out there. I just bought a second one as a backup in case I get a ding or tip issue while in action. Hope that helps.