Predator S-tuned z2 shaft from seybert's

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a review of this shaft? I believe it's a z2 re-tapered by seyberts to have a pro taper. And they also put predators m victory tip on them. I'm pretty serious about buying their new predator sport 2 cue with this shaft. Just looking to see if anyone has any reviews??
Thanks,
Tim
ry9y8a9a.jpg

yvaru5y5.jpg

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might buy tomorrow so just wanted to check again for anyone who has tried this shaft and can give me any input?
Thanks,
Tim

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I tried the Victory tip at the Predator booth. I didn't like it. I prefer Moori if I'm forced to go layered.

Nacho Mama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of the original test ones from seyberts the one without the s on it and it has a med victory tip I really like the shaft a lot it's not as whippy as the z2 the only draw back is the victory tip isn't what I was hoping for I currently prefer a sniper tip and sincerity have put it on I'm ready to order another one for an extra this one ill probably put a kamui brown ms tip on , basically this shaft is in the middle of z2 and 314-2 with seyberts you really can't go wrong. Let me know what you think when you receive yours

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of the original test ones from seyberts the one without the s on it and it has a med victory tip I really like the shaft a lot it's not as whippy as the z2 the only draw back is the victory tip isn't what I was hoping for I currently prefer a sniper tip and sincerity have put it on I'm ready to order another one for an extra this one ill probably put a kamui brown ms tip on , basically this shaft is in the middle of z2 and 314-2 with seyberts you really can't go wrong. Let me know what you think when you receive yours

Well since I wasn't getting any feedback right away on the s shaft, I decided to use a TX8 universal smart shaft. It's 11.75 from factory with a taper that I think would be close to an S tuned shaft and I love it!! The universal smart shafts hit sooo solid and I think this version gets soo low deflection that it's like I gotta compensate opposite. If I put left on the cue ball, I almost have to aim more left because the massive amount of spin always makes it curve back If that makes sense? Maybe I have the cue butt elevated slightly or something and don't realize it, but I make more balls than ever with these shafts. So I'm not going to get an S tuned shaft anytime soon.
Tim

organa7

Registered
Was really hoping to hear more about this shaft as well. But there seems to be more comments about the tip than the shaft. The only feedback I could really find on it are the few reviews on Seyberts website. So I have gone ahead and ordered one. I changed the tip anyways simply because why try a new tip if you already have one you like. Will post how I like it once I get it.

cluelesscuer

I actually did buy one from Seyberts.

The combination pro taper and 11.75 tip size made it feel like to me very hard to make any shot with any distance. The hit just felt very weak. I think for certain tables it might work. A 9 ft table or a slow table it may be hard to play with.

I am not an expert on these things and it could have been in my head...

organa7

Registered
Just got mine in yesterday. So far I like it. Haven't noticed any issues with it being to whippy or having generating power. Didn't get to use it to long yet, but didn't notice much more english than normal, but I believe that will change with a little time. I like the smaller tip and feel like I am getting more control on choosing where it will strike the cue ball. Will try to post more once I have some more time with it.

organa7

Registered
Well I decided to return my S-Tuned Z2 shaft today. I tried it out for about 3 days. It hit really well but I just preferred the feel of my 314 shaft that came with my cue for some reason (I happend to find the Predator SE14 by Longoni in town used, but it had the original 314 w/cat shaft, which alot of people say they prefer to the 2nd generation). It may have just been the difference in the 1st gen shafts and the second. Because I know the 2nd generation are set in phenolic while the 1st gen are set in wood. Either way I was a little more used to my 314 and I wasn't noticing any extra ability to apply english with the Z2, so I figured I would save the money and return it. I did like it but just didn't think it was worth them money to have two shafts. If you are buying a new cue from Seyberts and like the smaller tip I would say get it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I decided to return my S-Tuned Z2 shaft today. I tried it out for about 3 days. It hit really well but I just preferred the feel of my 314 shaft that came with my cue for some reason (I happend to find the Predator SE14 by Longoni in town used, but it had the original 314 w/cat shaft, which alot of people say they prefer to the 2nd generation). It may have just been the difference in the 1st gen shafts and the second. Because I know the 2nd generation are set in phenolic while the 1st gen are set in wood. Either way I was a little more used to my 314 and I wasn't noticing any extra ability to apply english with the Z2, so I figured I would save the money and return it. I did like it but just didn't think it was worth them money to have two shafts. If you are buying a new cue from Seyberts and like the smaller tip I would say get it.

The smaller diameter will show the flaws in your stroke because less tip surface area to find the cue ball. You have to play with the z2 for a few months to let yourself calibrate to it and when you do the rewards are excellent. After drilling with a z2 for three months, then pick up a 314 and you will see the difference. 3 days just isn't enough time.