Praise for Ron Vitello's 90/90 aiming system

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What follows is my own personal account and experience with Ron Vitello's 90 /90 aiming system.
I picked up Ron's book and DVD set at the recent SBE on a recommendation from a friend. I watched the first disc immediately upon arriving home from the Expo. It is a 2 disc set with a work book. In the first disc he explains and illustrates his systematic approach to aiming. His explanations are very simple and he illustrates many shots using his technique. In the second disc he covers several Diamond systems. His explanations and illustrations here are also very clear and easy to follow. Anyone who is looking to improve their understanding of diamond systems will enjoy watching Ron's illustrations on Disc 2. There is a work book that comes with the set. In it are approximately 123 diagrammed shots. The idea being that you bring the book with you to the pool room and you open up to a particular diagram, and work on that particular shot using the technique Ron illustrates on the disc. I really like the work book. It is very well diagrammed making the shots easy to reproduce consistently over and over again on the table.
I found the explanations and instructions for how to address the cue ball and use 90/90 simple and easy to follow. I was not, however, immediately convinced that it would work.
Now, once I got to the pool room I tried a few shots using the technique that he illustrates on the DVD, and I was surprised at how well they worked.
For example, diagram 56 in the work book: the object ball is one diamond above the foot spot in the center of the table, and the cue ball is 1/2 a diamond away from the side pocket along the long rail to the left of the object ball. You are pocketing the ball into the right corner pocket. But the angle is such that you are sending the object toward the left side in order to pot it. So, as Ron explains in the DVD, I aim with my cue, 90 on the left side of the cue ball through 90 on the left side of the object ball. Then, just as Ron does many times in his illustrations, I move my right leg back to pivot my cue from 90 on the left of the cue ball to the center of the cue ball, stroke a few times and then pocket the ball.
I was very surprised by the results I was getting using this method. I shot several racks aiming 90/90 exclusively. The results that I got really boosted my confidence in my ability to pocket balls under pressure. I have been very happy with what I have learned from Ron's DVD.
It's been a few months now since the Expo. I have made many a adjustments to my game (mostly mental) since and after. I have seen improvement in my game. It would be misleading and dishonest to say that my improvement is due solely to 90/90. But I will say that watching, applying and experiencing 90/90 has had a very positive effect on my game. I believe that players at all levels can only benefit from learning Ron's simple and systematic approach to aiming. Ron's technique and accompanying work book provides an excellent foundation to hone and build your pocketing skills. I highly recommend 90/90 aiming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
The one thing which I realised early on working with Ron V's 90/90 was how important it was and how easy it was to dial in on your dominate eye to obtain the correct prospective.
:smile:
Cheers

Last edited:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear Ron's DVD helped your game also. Interesting point you brought up about your dominate eye.
Thanks for posting!