Thinking about returning my Z2 S tuned

Casper980

Registered
As the title states, I do play good with the shaft but it has a bit of a wobble in the center of the shaft, basically if I roll it on my table the distance between the center of the shaft and my table changes as I roll the cue. It's not a huge gap difference but I can feel it when I stroke the cue. I brought it back to seyberts and they straightened it once but it's back and I don't like it. Spending $260 on a shaft and it's not perfectly straight gets in my head. I want to love the shaft, it's what I wanted but having it not be perfect just isn't settling with me. I'm sure I can drive back to seyberts and they can straighten it again but how long before it comes back?? I replaced the g core with the predator but I'm having second thoughts. I am thinking about trying a ob2 or an I3. I liked the G core I just wanted to get a thinner better shaft. A friend has an ob1 and I like the hit, but I was thinking maybe a more advanced mcdermott shaft might have the feel I like. I guess my confidence in the Z2 is not there because if the wobble in the middle and making me want to change it out while I still can. Please any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Like I said I want to love the predator shaft but I am afraid can never permanently get rid of the Issue it has and I will never have 100% confidence in it.

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SS360/2 shaft

buy yourself a Bob Danielson 2gen SS360 shaft at 12,50mm !!!

At the moment there isn't a better LD shaft , closest 2nd best is CEM ( German cuemaker ) but this shaft is 2x the price of the SS360/2 .

Somebody wants to test this SS360/2 shaft i will be in Vegas for the BCA nationals !

Christoph

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would tell them to just exchange the shaft out. Im sure as big of a Company
as Seyberts they have more than 1 shaft in stock and could send that one back.
Should be a quick fix.

Casper980

Registered
Predator shafts are so popular they don't always have one for my stick on hand, 3/8 x 10 thread. I bought the last one on the shelf and they said 4-6 weeks before they will get more. The time before I was there they didn't have one. If I wanted a 314-2...no problem. The Z2 S-tuned not so much. I guess I'm just getting a bad taste in my mouth regarding it due to the small issue. I tried to stop being so OCD and just learn to love it, but it's not working...

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator shafts are so popular they don't always have one for my stick on hand, 3/8 x 10 thread. I bought the last one on the shelf and they said 4-6 weeks before they will get more. The time before I was there they didn't have one. If I wanted a 314-2...no problem. The Z2 S-tuned not so much. I guess I'm just getting a bad taste in my mouth regarding it due to the small issue. I tried to stop being so OCD and just learn to love it, but it's not working...

I have two z2s and made the switch to them about a year ago. They are brilliant to practice with because they keep your stroke honest and true with the smaller diameter, and the action on the cue ball can be pretty fun as well. But make sure you get the shaft right. Even with a small dent it can be in your mind while you are down on a shot. So get it taken care of and don't worry about OCD because to step up your game you have to be just that-OCD about foot placement, shot alignment, cue elevation, etc etc.

Casper980

Registered
I have two z2s and made the switch to them about a year ago. They are brilliant to practice with because they keep your stroke honest and true with the smaller diameter, and the action on the cue ball can be pretty fun as well. But make sure you get the shaft right. Even with a small dent it can be in your mind while you are down on a shot. So get it taken care of and don't worry about OCD because to step up your game you have to be just that-OCD about foot placement, shot alignment, cue elevation, etc etc.

Thanks man, I am constantly thinking about my game, and the shaft is at the forefront. Heading to Seyberts this week.

Casper980

Registered
Thanks man, I am constantly thinking about my game, and the shaft is at the forefront. Heading to Seyberts this week.

Ok so I have been playing so well with the Z2 s-tuned, that I am just going to have seyberts straighten it again. I don't want to change shafts again, as playoffs are this week, we should make it to LTC championship and I do not want to be trying to get used to a new shaft.

Casper980

Registered
Alright, so I made it to Seyberts today. Rick took care of me. He straightened the shaft, then he "faced" the butt to the shaft so it is perfectly in line. :thumbup: If you roll the shaft on the table by itself its perfectly straight. If you put the two together there appears to be a slight wobble in the shaft, that is because the joint is not perfect. On one side of the joint it is flush on the other it is off about .001 of an inch. On the cue lathe the shaft is straight in line with the butt now, which is the important part. At some point my OCD will take over and I will send it to a cue maker to make the joint perfect but for now I am as happy as I could be. :D Thank you Rick!

On a side note, I was able to escape from Seyberts for under $50 this time! :dance: lol Usually I am good for at least $200, this time just a new TV Pro Cup Cue Ball and I left immediately before I came up with something else I needed. HAHA

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If all your shots are only 0.001" off you're going to make every shot you shoot.
Even as long a distance as possible on a 9' table.

Casper980

Registered
If all your shots are only 0.001" off you're going to make every shot you shoot.
Even as long a distance as possible on a 9' table.

True, but for me it's knowing I have complete confidence in my cue. Having complete confidence in my cue, stroke, stance, etc. Leaves me the energy to focus on making the shot and position for the next shot.

hboat333

Registered
FWIW, I LOVE my s-tuned shaft. My 4 closest pool buddies hit w/ it and each bought one the same week. Only one has gone back to his beloved 1 gen 314.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Why the S - tuned? What about it makes you like it more than the standard taper?

At 11.75mm I would certainly prefer more spine from a conical taper than a pro-taper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Casper980

Registered
Why the S - tuned? What about it makes you like it more than the standard taper?

At 11.75mm I would certainly prefer more spine from a conical taper than a pro-taper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

For me I like the pro taper, because of how narrow the shaft is. I can get my closed bridge perfectly tight and as I stroke the cue the taper doesn't slow down my stroke by dragging on my fingers anymore then I want it to. If that makes sense. Consistent size shaft = same feel in my bridge hand through the entire stroke all the way to finish. I also feel there is less room for error in my stroke because of the above.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I returned mine...

Had Rick send me one of his Tuned Z2 shafts and I hated it.

More whip than any shaft I have ever played by far.

Sent it back and Rick sent me a new 314/2 as a replacement. I am used to the 314/2, it's what I shoot with all the time. I have used them since they came out.

But I'm not in love with that shaft either, lacks feed back, hits like a marsh mellow.

But I'm not going to change because I'm old and don't like to. :D

God luck.