Predator ferrule...12.75mm

nitekram

Registered
I am looking for a place to purchases ferrules, most likely just the replacement I need, but I searched and it is hard to locate just a place to get them...is it that you have to make them from blanks? If so, what is the easiest way by hand, as I do not have many tools.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
If you have an issue with a Predator ferrule, you send the shaft to Predator Warranty/Repair.
Even if the shaft is not under warranty. Why ? It's the best chance of the shaft surviving.
You admit you haven't the tools and I'm suggesting that you don't have the experience either;
Predator does.

This is not a typical ferrule R&R and it's certainly not a DIY project.
If you value the shaft and ever expect to play with it again, please do as I suggest.
If not, sell or burn it and save yourself the time and aggravation.

nitekram

Registered
If you have an issue with a Predator ferrule, you send the shaft to Predator Warranty/Repair.
Even if the shaft is not under warranty. Why ? It's the best chance of the shaft surviving.
You admit you haven't the tools and I'm suggesting that you don't have the experience either;
Predator does.

This is not a typical ferrule R&R and it's certainly not a DIY project.
If you value the shaft and ever expect to play with it again, please do as I suggest.
If not, sell or burn it and save yourself the time and aggravation.

So you are saying if I find a ferrule that fits the shaft, I should still send it to them? I read that it is a special ferrule, but if I can find the same one for sale, I believe I have enough experience to glue it back on, maybe? I mean I have change my tips on my cues for over 20 years, but it cannot be that much harder, right?

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you are saying if I find a ferrule that fits the shaft, I should still send it to them? I read that it is a special ferrule, but if I can find the same one for sale, I believe I have enough experience to glue it back on, maybe? I mean I have change my tips on my cues for over 20 years, but it cannot be that much harder, right?

Wrong, completely different animal. Anyone with a razorblade and some glue can change a tip, send it to predator.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am looking for a place to purchases ferrules, most likely just the replacement I need, but I searched and it is hard to locate just a place to get them...is it that you have to make them from blanks? If so, what is the easiest way by hand, as I do not have many tools.

While I would suggest that this thread should have been posted in the ask the cuemaker forum...I will also tell you to listen to KJ on this one. If you are not a competent repair person, with the necessary tools, and skill for THIS job, either find one, or send it back to Predator, as KJ suggested.
Best regards.
Joe P

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member

It doesn't matter what forum you posted in, the end result will be the same.
I took it that you came here looking for a replacement ferrule.
That's part of the problem, no one has that ferrule except Predator and
they don't sell them to anyone. They install the correct ferrule and guarantee
the work. You would have to make one, to specs and of the same mtrl.
If your crafted ferrule is different, the shaft will play differently.
I gave you the straight-skinny when you asked. I have nothing to gain with smoke.
I'm not a Predator employee. Your shaft is yours to do with as you please.