Usba houston event milestone

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FIRST OF ALL I MUST SAY [and Sang Lee taught me these words way back in 1986]:
"GOOD LUCK, PLAY WELL HAVE FUN, MAKE FRIENDS" and i wish i was there playing and this is what i would say before the game, during the handshake.....and then i would try to KILL YOU.....YRSOB !!!!!

As someone who spent almost 3 tours [JUN1967- APR 1970] in Vietnam with MACV as an advisor [co van mi] to the legendary 18th ARVN DIV of Xuan Loc fame. I went back to Xuan Loc in 2005 and counted 17,000 graves in the cemetery. Xuan Loc was the gateway to Saigon [APR 1975 google it] but i was long gone by then.

Since then many Viet people have come to this country, some very rich, some very poor but now 40-50 years later we have solid Vietnamese communities in a number of cities in Amerika.

In 2012-13 winter in spent 3 months in Houston at PARIS BI-DI playing all the locals just for table time and after the first month only three or four would play me except at some stupid dice game involving a rice bowl and a Parcheesi/backgammon board.

WHY I THINK THIS IS A MILESTONE IS this is like PING-PONG DIPLOMACY with CHINE ages ago but is being sponsored by a NGO [that is the USBA] rather than the FEDS. Micheal Kang i think deserves much of the credit for organizing this event and for that the USBA is very grateful. The USBA needs more people like Michael Kang if we are to keep the game alive.

SORRY, GOT OFF TOPIC: there is still the potential for a lot of hostility between
various Vietnamese groups and for the first time the battle is taking place on the green felt not the green jungle.....and i think when all is said and down people will kiss, hug and cry and that can only be a good thing......FUA

And again I want to thank Michael Kang and Mazin Shooni for cooperating to bring this thing about.....WHEN ARE THE REST OF YOU GOING TO GET OFF YOUR FAT ASSES AND START DOING A LITTLE WORK OFF THE TABLE....I WILL CHANT THIS MATRA TILL THE DAY I DIE SO ......... dennis dieckman 2017 (2).jpg