Why?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or I should say what but I have a simple but serious question.

What stops PJ from being able to pocket balls as effectively as CJ?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play...

Time and desire. Understanding the importance of the time factor during a player's formative years is the vital statistic I think.

Now...

What's stops CJ from understanding the science of the game as effectively as PJ?

We can't have it all, can we?

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play...

Time and desire. Understanding the importance of the time factor during a player's formative years is the vital statistic I think.

Now...

What's stops CJ from understanding the science of the game as effectively as PJ?

We can't have it all, can we?

I don't want it all. I'll take half. Guess which half? :D

Best,
Mike

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Practice, Practice, Practice

What stops you from playing as good as Shane Van Boeing? Practice, Practice, Practice

Buddy Hall once said, "The only way to be good at pool is to loose enough money to put a down payment on an Aircraft Carrier, then you may be able to shoot as good as me."

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice, Practice, Practice

What stops you from playing as good as Shane Van Boeing? Practice, Practice, Practice

Buddy Hall once said, "The only way to be good at pool is to loose enough money to put a down payment on an Aircraft Carrier, then you may be able to shoot as good as me."

Well, shoot, I don't gamble. No wonder I can never beat Buddy.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Whoa, that was a loaded question, Mister Bond!

It's hard to do sometimes but I thank God I played so badly when I started out, had crummy advice from other players, even really good players, and wasn't a natural at the game. It forced me to a place where I can be a good teacher of the game to others.

Also, when I think of "which half" I don't think I'm young enough any longer to play and practice ten hours a day (though I find teaching sessions that long rather energizing) and I'd also dread being a pro today in the lack of dollars and in the need to keep finding the desire to enjoy playing that often, that much. Earl Strickland loved to play so much it was never really a problem for him to grind, grind and grind. It wasn't a grind for him! Practice can get dull, sometimes, yes.

What does CJ's brain look like in PJ's body and vice versa? Maybe they have some thoughts on this "important" matter.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa, that was a loaded question, Mister Bond!

It's hard to do sometimes but I thank God I played so badly when I started out, had crummy advice from other players, even really good players, and wasn't a natural at the game. It forced me to a place where I can be a good teacher of the game to others.

Also, when I think of "which half" I don't think I'm young enough any longer to play and practice ten hours a day (though I find teaching sessions that long rather energizing) and I'd also dread being a pro today in the lack of dollars and in the need to keep finding the desire to enjoy playing that often, that much. Earl Strickland loved to play so much it was never really a problem for him to grind, grind and grind. It wasn't a grind for him! Practice can get dull, sometimes, yes.

What does CJ's brain look like in PJ's body and vice versa? Maybe they have some thoughts on this "important" matter.

Loaded how?

Im looking for specifics that set two people we almost are all familiar with apart.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I'm not picking a bone with you in any way. But I read the original post and wondered how the two of them would feel because they both know how to think through tables and play them...

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
wondered how the two of them would feel because they both know how to think

I'm not picking a bone with you in any way. But I read the original post and wondered how the two of them would feel because they both know how to think through tables and play them...

I'm curious, how do you "think through a table"?

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
It's not why one player shoots better than another...it's about which technique works better for you. For me it's TOI. After shooting from a center CB reference applying English as I saw fit for the circumstances for almost 30 years, I found TOI more consistent especially for pocketing and it allows me personally to play at a higher skill level for much longer than I was before. It flat out works. I'm less and less inclined to continue debating or even contemplating HOW it works, especially the longer these fascile threads continue. If you don't believe in it or don't agree with it's potential for changing your game, then ignore it. No critic here will change my opinion. I've been playing (successfully) with this technique for going on three years now. CJ still manages to leak out a tid bit that actually helps me refine my game further. Hopefully the trolls don't ultimately run him off, I've still got some improvements to make! :D