Rich Family Cues on Wikipedia

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help an orphan!
My Wikipedia article on fabled cue maker Abe Rich and his illustrious family of wood turners is an orphan, i.e., no one else has contributed information. You can help!
Go to the site. Read the story of Abe, Morris, Issy,and Saul; it's worth your time. If you can contribute further information on topics such as the Kovno Ghetto, Dachau, road building in the Negev, cue making, particularly in Florida and on Long Island, or any other relevant information, please do so.
Much appreciated!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Rich
Help an orphan!
My Wikipedia article on fabled cue maker Abe Rich and his illustrious family of wood turners is an orphan, i.e., no one else has contributed information. You can help!
Go to the site. Read the story of Abe, Morris, Issy,and Saul; it's worth your time. If you can contribute further information on topics such as the Kovno Ghetto, Dachau, road building in the Negev, cue making, particularly in Florida and on Long Island, or any other relevant information, please do so.
Much appreciated!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Rich Abe1975.jpg

Abe1996.jpg

Young Abe.jpg

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an important family in cue making. Their influences were mostly on the East coast. I don't feel many people in other parts of the country are aware their efforts. Thank you for making more folks informed about them and cause more information to come forward.

Big Al

silverminer

Registered
Moderator - I'm sorry but I accidentally posted something as a thread in this post. It belonged elsewhere. Please delete. My apologies.

Last edited:

druminer

Registered
I recently bought an Abe Rich Cue from his son. It's called the Tuxedo, and may be the only one he made with a leather wrap. It has never been used.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Star Tuxedo Cue

I have a collection of Rich family cues, many purchased from Howard Rich's excellent NOS selection. Leather wraps, like points, are rare in Abe's cues, but he was known to branch out from time to time, perhaps for particular customers. I've got a four pointer with a green ostrich wrap, for example.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently bought an Abe Rich Cue from his son. It's called the Tuxedo, and may be the only one he made with a leather wrap. It has never been used.

I assume you mean his nephew, Howard Rich. Abe didn't have kids.

Freddie

druminer

Registered
Yes. Howard, Abe's nephew. My understanding is that Abe never married. I would like to have met him.

I haven't even test hit the cue. I can only imagine how well it will play.

Stay safe.