Uploading videos to AZBTV.com greater than 50 MB???

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone out there explain how you upload videos to AZBTV.com that are greater than 50 MB? I have some 14.1 videos that I want to upload but they are around the 1 GB to 3 GB range.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
yeah i have come accross the same problem and thats just not on AZBTV, all sites have limitations.

when you go to export your video choose a different file type for the video. i have tried 3 programs so far, and i notice that as you select different file types it will tell you the file size that it will be after encoding before you proceed. problem being that the smaller you make the file size the more it will compress it, and effect the video quality.
i have not tried it yet, but see if the program will allow you to split the video into parts and then you can do the same and have maybe 5 or 6 parts at a better quality.

i hope this helps
Steve

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
yeah i have come accross the same problem and thats just not on AZBTV, all sites have limitations.

when you go to export your video choose a different file type for the video. i have tried 3 programs so far, and i notice that as you select different file types it will tell you the file size that it will be after encoding before you proceed. problem being that the smaller you make the file size the more it will compress it, and effect the video quality.
i have not tried it yet, but see if the program will allow you to split the video into parts and then you can do the same and have maybe 5 or 6 parts at a better quality.

i hope this helps
Steve

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the different file formats for sure.

I've noticed that certain people have posted longer videos (not broken into pieces) on AZBTV.com, such as Marop, and I'm wondering how they did that. I hope someone can chime in and enlighten me.

Thanks,
Ray

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Thank you for your reply. I will look into the different file formats for sure.

I've noticed that certain people have posted longer videos (not broken into pieces) on AZBTV.com, such as Marop, and I'm wondering how they did that. I hope someone can chime in and enlighten me.

Thanks,
Ray

You can edit the movie in windows movie maker and cut it up or just edit it to a lower quality.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Can anyone out there explain how you upload videos to AZBTV.com that are greater than 50 MB? I have some 14.1 videos that I want to upload but they are around the 1 GB to 3 GB range.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

Try http://www.veoh.com

They don't have a limit on size. Although, once the file gets so big, you will have to download a "helper" program. I've used it for files up to 300MB with no problems.

You upload the file to them, they convert it for their site, and they are usually posted within a couple hours. After it's posted, you'll get a link to that video.

Here is a link to one of mine so you can see how it ends up.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v19452020yRzgTNac#

Hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Scott

Last edited:

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ray,

Try http://www.veoh.com

They don't have a limit on size. Although, once the file gets so big, you will have to download a "helper" program. I've used it for files up to 300MB with no problems.

You upload the file to them, they convert it for their site, and they are usually posted within a couple hours. After it's posted, you'll get a link to that video.

Here is a link to one of mine so you can see how it ends up.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v19452020yRzgTNac#

Hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Scott

Thank you for the suggestion... I had forgotten about Veoh.com.

Nice run by the way... 40 is nothing to sneeze at. What kind of table are you shooting on? Your setup is real nice for recording runs.

Thanks,
Ray

BTW, how do you edit a video to make it lower quality or shorter?

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Ray,

I'm using a JVC Everio on a tripod at the end of the table. I'm looking to mount a camera support on the wall because the tripod occasionally gets in the way.

The table is an 8' Olhausen. The corner pockets are pretty snug while the side pockets are a bit friendlier. I actually had a 98 on that table around christmas. Other than that, I have maxed out in the low 60's a couple times.

As for editing software, I just got the Corel program for video. The JVC cameras use a .mod file extension and this is the only software I've found that allows me to work with the files.