20160529_153147-1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 20160529_153204-1.jpg
    20160529_153204-1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 364

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Force follow and try and roll off the 9 or draw and try to clip the 9 & 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Rempe liked this shot.....dead ball...make sure you follow through...(keeps whitey dead)
....about medium speed....whitey goes one rail to the middle of the table.

The pack will require a secondary break...but you'll have lots of chances.

Don't get greedy and hit them hard....whitey goes up-table.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rempe liked this shot.....dead ball...make sure you follow through...(keeps whitey dead)
....about medium speed....whitey goes one rail to the middle of the table.

The pack will require a secondary break...but you'll have lots of chances.

Don't get greedy and hit them hard....whitey goes up-table.

He was correct playing on most tables. This is red label diamond and that deadball probably ends back in the stack. I hit them like Scmidt says,solid with follow ,confident I wont scratch anywhere. I got great results this time.

Attachments

• 20160529_153328-1.jpg
    20160529_153328-1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 295

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He was correct playing on most tables. This is red label diamond and that deadball probably ends back in the stack. I hit them like Scmidt says,solid with follow ,confident I wont scratch anywhere. I got great results this time.

I've just realized...I've never played straight pool on a Diamond.
We got GCs and Diamonds at our place....gonna try this shot on both.

Thanx

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Lots of options on how to hit this one.

I Shoot this with a High Left Hand English, this way when the CB hits the rail it checks up and stays down table.

Quite comonly you will scratch in the side pocket on the side you are shooting from, because the cueball picks up a little bit of outside english as it caromoms off the top of the rack, this is why you put a touch of inside on it to prevent that from happening !!

-Steve

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Shoot this with a High Left Hand English, this way when the CB hits the rail it checks up and stays down table.

Quite comonly you will scratch in the side pocket on the side you are shooting from, because the cueball picks up a little bit of outside english as it caromoms off the top of the rack, this is why you put a touch of inside on it to prevent that from happening !!

-Steve

I believe scratching, in either side,is a result of not enough high english. Getting kicked in either side is just one of the frustration of this game.
My cueball actually hit the stack, siderail,endrail,and then a ball on bottom corner of the stack before dying there.
Grady would say "he frappeyed that breakshot".

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I believe scratching, in either side,is a result of not enough high english. Getting kicked in either side is just one of the frustration of this game.
My cueball actually hit the stack, siderail,endrail,and then a ball on bottom corner of the stack before dying there.
Grady would say "he frappeyed that breakshot".

I think the result of this breakshot, all depends on the condition of the cloth and rails and how clean the balls are. Where i play, this is how i play the shot.

No Frappeye here....LOL
-Steve

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the result of this breakshot, all depends on the condition of the cloth and rails and how clean the balls are. Where i play, this is how i play the shot.

No Frappeye here....LOL
-Steve

Yes it is good to play to the equipment.