Rhea vs OMGWTF

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like you play about the same as the last time I saw you play. Congrats on 3rd. Melinda played pretty good from the little bit I watched, a deserving champ.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn`t you go on the road with a pro a few years ago Rhea?
I`m no expert, but there are some obvious flaws in your fundamentals.
The shot at 1:02 is a good example. Hand, stance, grip (although we can`t see it, it`s clear you are holding the cue hard and at the wrong place) the stroke in itself isn't smooth at all, you don`t stand still and you get up before the shot is over.
Do you ever play straight pool?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
cudos for having the nads to post up a obviously bad night of play of yourself

then again maybe the op is looking for some easy action in posting this

who knows

Last edited:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
cudos for having the nads to post up a obviously bad night of play of yourself

then again maybe the op is looking for some easy action in posting this

who knows

You caught me, i spent $25 each way for my luggage, $400 for a round trip flight, $115 for an extra night at the hotel, $21 each way using Lyft 3 days in a row just to dump in the 11th round so I could get a $5 game somewhere

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You caught me, i spent $25 each way for my luggage, $400 for a round trip flight, $115 for an extra night at the hotel, $21 each way using Lyft 3 days in a row just to dump in the 11th round so I could get a $5 game somewhere
Do you ever eat?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I watched 8 minutes and I had enough lol. To me it looked like a couple apa's 4's playing , not an amateur us open. Also, if this is what espn has to look forward to it only backs up my wpba thread homestly. What was this ? This means what? Our own is third best out of the amateur ladies???? This also gives credence to the women men split everyone talks about..... compare this to the amateur men....8 minutes i won't get back lol, oh well now I know

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are plenty of women that play good.
We have a few young ladies around here that would make this tournament look like, well...
like it does.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the end of a tournament makes the very best look rough. Ala Kaci (us open) or Alex p. Dogging a straight in 9.
But, yes these cannot possibly be the best amateur ladies the us has to offer. That much I do know.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Well I didn't watch it all, but I watched a big part of it. It's nice to see you both play, after reading your posts for years. I actually enjoy watching amateurs more than pros. IDK why, but I actually got really into it. I shouted at the screen.... I'll finish watching the rest tomorrow.

I'm not going to give you suggestions or pointers on your game because you didn't ask for them, and I know there are plenty more qualified than myself to do so that probably will.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Here in the Western BCA the idea of going genderless and playing strictly on Fargorate is being tossed around and will be voted on this month.

I can't think of a legitimate 550 fargo dude that Rhea will ever defeat with play like that video.

Maybe this will be a good thing if we do it? That remains to be seen.

The only opposition seems to be from the Bluehairs who are wise enough to know that once that happens you won't see many if any women on the podium again in any division.

JC

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Here in the Western BCA the idea of going genderless and playing strictly on Fargorate is being tossed around and will be voted on this month.

I can't think of a legitimate 550 fargo dude that Rhea will ever defeat with play like that video.

Maybe this will be a good thing if we do it? That remains to be seen.

The only opposition seems to be from the Bluehairs who are wise enough to know that once that happens you won't see many if any women on the podium again in any division.

JC

Meh, why not have women divisions? There may be reasons other than skill differences that make all women tournaments more desirable for women, and if the market is there, why not keep it? Lets say I'm abroad, and want to play with only my countrymen in a small tourney with all the expat pool players, is it such a terrible thing to call it the "whatever country expat nationals" if it truely is representative of the expats skills? I mean maybe there are 20 locals that can beat the winner, so f-ing what? It's all in good fun, anyways, it's not brain surgery. Women are a recognized subset of the population. We place a lot of importance on gender, even in Western society, so it makes sense to have gender divisions, just like it makes sense to have junior divisions, Open divisions, senior divisions or whatever. I don't see why specifically the womens division is always getting flack.

It's interesting to know who the best woman player in the country is, just like it's interesting to know which player over 60 years is best, or which junior is the best. Therefore, womens divisions are interesting (to some), and maybe not to others. Wether or not a persons gender/age is important for their skill is actually not so much of a factor, so long as the interest to know these things exists.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meh, why not have women divisions? There may be reasons other than skill differences that make all women tournaments more desirable for women, and if the market is there, why not keep it? Lets say I'm abroad, and want to play with only my countrymen in a small tourney with all the expat pool players, is it such a terrible thing to call it the "whatever country expat nationals" if it truely is representative of the expats skills? I mean maybe there are 20 locals that can beat the winner, so f-ing what? It's all in good fun, anyways, it's not brain surgery. Women are a recognized subset of the population. We place a lot of importance on gender, even in Western society, so it makes sense to have gender divisions, just like it makes sense to have junior divisions, Open divisions, senior divisions or whatever. I don't see why specifically the womens division is always getting flack.

For one reason and one reason only, there are plenty of people that insist the women can play on an equal playing field as the men. Most of us with a set of eyes and a little common sense know this is just not true, but some persist. That's why.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
For one reason and one reason only, there are plenty of people that insist the women can play on an equal playing field as the men. Most of us with a set of eyes and a little common sense know this is just not true, but some persist. That's why.

So in order to make that point, you want to shut down a division, for which there is an obvious interest? Isn't that rather extreme? The problem is, you wouldn't even be making that point! The only point that would be made is that for the below 550 Fargo or whatever, a man won (in your example). What does that really mean? It doesn't even make any point in relation to gender, but more maybe towards sandbagging? If two people are rated at the same Fargo rate, after playing the same players (in APA) they are by definition equally skilled! The only difference would be who got the rolls or had the best performance on that day or sandbagged! It makes no point to the difference between genders at all! Is it your contention that after playing in a gender mixed division in the APA and having the same Fargo rate (550), a man is necessarily better than a woman?

Also I edited my previous post, fyi.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Is it your contention that after playing in a gender mixed division in the APA and having the same Fargo rate (550), a man is necessarily better than a woman?

Also I edited my previous post, fyi.

I will contend that. Most days but not all.

JC

Last edited: