Teflon cloth

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any knowledge of cloth that contains teflon in it. My friend usually gets Simonis. He heard about Brunswick cloth with teflon. I believe championship cloth also makes a product with teflon.
He said it is supposed to reduce marks. How does it effect play? Faster? Slower?

Please stay on topic with answers.Thanks

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any knowledge of cloth that contains teflon in it. My friend usually gets Simonis. He heard about Brunswick cloth with teflon. I believe championship cloth also makes a product with teflon.
He said it is supposed to reduce marks. How does it effect play? Faster? Slower?

I have found it to play slightly faster and much more slippery. Did not enjoy it really.

Besides that, I despise Dupont and everything they stand for.
Teflon (pfoa) is so nasty that just about every human alive has it in their bloodstream as we speak.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to the simonas website. They have a cloth called hr for high resistance. No mention of Teflon.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cloth

That would be the simonis 760SR, if I recall right it has something to do with Olhausen..
Probably olhausen had to attempt to speed up the tables " play like a diamond " attempt.....
I can't believe they'll put 760 on furniture tables..

Rob.M

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I played a couple times on a friends Brunswick table with the Teflon cloth on it.
Very nice 8 foot table but it was like playing on ice,way too fast.
I would advise to not get it,I hated it.