New Here? - Introduce Yourself

USAPL.NYC

Registered
New USAPL League Operator

Hello all,
I was hoping to receive some comments or suggestions regarding USAPL leagues in your area. I have been playing pool, as both a player and room owner of @ 40 years. I would greatly appreciate any constructive input.

Thanks

Terry C

Hello,
I have spent quite a bit of time reading the past threads on this forum. My favorites are posts from LWW, Overlord,jimmyg, Black balled, and some others.
I live on a farm and only play pool on my home table. I’m 52 and have been a CNC programmer for 30yrs. Thanks for letting me in

Terry

Systematic

Registered
Been lurking for a while. Decided I should sign up and contribute!
Played a lot when I was younger and recently started to rededicate myself to the game.

SuperVocSV7

Registered
Long time lurker, university student with a passion for all cuesports.

Favorite games to watch are Snooker and 3C.

14.1 is my favorite game to play currently, would like to get into one pocket.

Outside pool I enjoy downhill skiing, golf, shooting, reading, music, D&D and science fiction media

ToonArmy

Registered
I’m Shaun 34. I live in the (north) Bay Area CA. Always played the game casually but the past few years have really become obsessed and serious. Running drills daily and not just banging a rack around for practice. I have a 9ft Olhausen at home and if anyone is close by I’d love to play/learn something.

JulioRice

Registered
New Guy Here..

Hello AZBilliards. My name is Julio Rice. I've been spending a lot of time here on the forums recently. Mostly in the Ask a Mechanic section. I am an up and coming table mechanic myself. I started working with Kerry Rhodes, of RidgeBack Rails, a little over a year ago. I met him right at a time when he was wanting to get out of servicing tables so we struck a deal for me to apprentice under him and I would take over the service side of his business. A Better Billiards Service. Kerry is still working hard every day making the finest replacement rails for your Valley and Dynamo tables, as well as some others. I have learned a lot from Kerry and look forward to learning much, much more from the other talented mechanics here on AZBilliards. I look forward to getting to know the folks here and hopefully can also be a contributing member in the near future. I guess I should also add that I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Take it easy. Julio

Last edited:

Bigbrown66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New to the forum but have been playing pool my whole life. In the Air Force for 26 Years now. Looking forward to having some knowledge and skills on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floydbeth

Registered
Hi everyone,

Floyd from SF Bay Area

Recently got back into playing pool cause of pool table at work and found that I
Really like the challenge of the game . So now I'm hooked on getting better at this
Game and stumbled on this site. I want to thank all the people on this site for the
Time,effort and knowledge they put into this site to help everyone.

Joined apa for 1 session sl5 8 ball ,liked the competion but with my schedule was to much.
Hopefully going to try bca league closer to me.

Wishing everyone happy holidays!!!!

Last edited:

Johnsms3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,
Not entirely new here, but just now saw this, so thought I would introduce myself.

From Central Illinois.

Been playing pool for the last 25 years. In my early 20's I was shooting pool almost every night in leagues. Things have slowed down as I've gotten older and now only shoot 1 night a week and its certainly not taken as serious as in my earlier years.

I come here to enjoy looking at all the custom cues for sale.

In my case:
Huebler 1 of 1
Huebler Custom Chess Set Cue
The Frog by Robin Dobson

Wish List:
Paul Huebler's US Open Cue

MickeyMantle

Mickey Mantle #7
Not new to the game, but started getting serious about it several years back. I am what I would say better then average, but long ways from being what I refer to as a scratch player. Play with a Predator and the new Vantage shaft. Play in ABA league and a C+ player. As a 71 year old, I am an old dog, but always looking for ways to learn new tricks. Big time NY Yankee fan, Ex Green Berets in Vietnam.

stevenw00d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good afternoon all. Apparently I need to introduce myself now that I have ruffled some feathers.

I'm a mechanical designer who has bounced around the Midwest and no lives in NC.

I've played pool off and on for 20 years (currently 38 years old). Only about 4-5 years of that were at all serious. I'm hoping to start working on my game and step it up a good bit. I'm currently an APA 8-ball 4/5, so clearly there is a lot of room for improvement.

I'm not trying to be a world beater, I just want to be more consistent and hold my own.

Only interesting bit about me is that I met my wife at a pool tourney, so at least I have that going for me.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Okay, thanks!
JoeyA

Yeah I see I used the word 'competition' where I shoulda used 'league', I guess. Anyway, like I mentioned here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5938593&postcount=2951 we don't have a handicap system, we always play on 9ft tables and besides 8 and 9 we also play 10ball, straight pool and 10ball scotch doubles.

The leagues are organized in districts and divisions.
Districts cover a smaller area (so closer to home). Levels are a bit lower. Played in the evenings on week days.
Divisions cover a bigger area of Holland (higher division = bigger area), played during weekends and play level increases with each higher divisions too. The highest division has players like Niels Feijen, Marco Teutscher, Nick vd Berg etc.

Grigsby9415

dalton from florida
28 yr old been playing for 5-6yrs
about to start nursing school and then turn professional in the pool circuit/ i currently shoot with a ZAC cue with a QB shaft made by qball himself. Been looking for the right kind QB custom cue for a while. some one let me know

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi people. I'm from Hawaii, hence my moniker "islandboy." I learned to play at "Guys & Dolls," in Shreveport, LA.

Love to play, but have always taken multi-year breaks from the game. Just starting to hit balls again and it sure feels good.

What a great game we have.

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
A new business plan for 2018

Hello everyone in the AZ community.
I want to welcome all of the new members.
A big heart felt hello to all Veteran members.
Since 2016, I have used the title CHRIST Billiards n More for my business.
I wish to extend my gratitude for all of my customers over the last 10 years.
In July 2015 I myself became a homeless Veteran. For 16 months I learned how to survive without the normal creature comforts of a stable home or job.
I returned back to GA. in April 2016, but I was still homeless waiting on disability.
The housing programs or lack of are definitely inadequate.
I now live in an apartment that I call home.
This year, I have decided to do even more with a percentage of the business proceeds, which will be going towards helping our homeless Veterans.
A minimum of 5% from sales will be set aside for our male Veterans project.
In addition a 5 day grace period will be implemented. Anyone in the U.S. who is not happy with his or her purchase can return it & receive a refund. International customers minus shipping charges.
I am now a dealer for Sly Custom Cues & Dominiak Custom Cues & shafts.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thank you & GOD bless you,

Last edited:

Bankshot Billia

Louisville,KY
Rob from Bankshot Billiards,Inc.

Not new here but, new user name I have been running/owning pool room for last 24 years. Looking to see how other have been rolling. Play mo pool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 156

Fat James

Registered
Hello All

Hi there i'm James, I live in Canton Texas and have been outta the game for a good while.. I have just started playing again and the pool bug has got me.. I played league in BCA for years when I was younger outta Speeds Billards in Dallas and look forward to at some point getting back into a league.. I have been reading this Forum for a long time but finally decided to join when I start playing again.. Thanks for letting me in :D

mikej2

Registered
Hello,
I haven’t played for at least ten years and am thinking of getting back into billiards. Last time I played was in a friendly 9-ball tournament sponsored by a billiards/pool discussion forum (I forget which one).

So, just saying hello from Wisconsin.

gweempose

Registered
Hi guys! I'm Brian from Chicago. I fell in love with pool back in college, and played a ton throughout the 90's. I then got married, had kids, and the next thing you know nearly two decades passed and I barely picked up a cue. I recently decided that I really missed it, so I went to a couple pool halls to see if I still had any skills. Well the skills, not so much, but the love of the game is still there. :)

Last edited: