Cue racks with sharp edges

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I ran a search, but when you search for "cue rack" here, and have a specific question...

I got a new cue rack for Christmas. The holes the cues pass through up top are not rounded. I was wondering if anyone has experienced damage to their cues through normal use/placement of the cues into such a rack.

I know I *CAN* round the edges down, but this would ruin the finish. If it's not a problem most people have ever had, I don't expect to, either.

Horror stories in this regard are encouraged.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Adhesive backed felt is available in a wide choice of color, cheap and reversible to unaltered rack if you change your mind.

Fitting the template would take a little patience., but you could reuse it indefinitely.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Adhesive backed felt is available in a wide choice of color, cheap and reversible to unaltered rack if you change your mind.

Fitting the template would take a little patience., but you could reuse it indefinitely.

Thanks for the ideas. I hadn't thought of felt. I suppose I could curl it up over the ridge of the wood. My main concern is scraping the shaft as I insert it. (<insert joke here>).