Who is or was your favorite pool player ever?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weather he was or is a champion or just a c player who is your favorite player of all times!

Mine with out a doubt was Mike (geese) gerace, he was a joy to watch ( especially when he was playing good) nobody, thats nobody had the best of it playing Geese even in 1 pocket when Geese was in his prime, just ask Parica he will tell you, as he did in a interview about 30 years ago, well they played about 30 years ago, the interview wasnt that old i dont think.

I seen Geese play his best and i seen him play terrible, didnt matter he still made everybody laugh that was in the pool hall.

I seen him come in my home room and beat the best player in the maryland state tournament, Tom Vanover, Geese beat him in the finals, by kicking an 8 ball in!

And i seen where Geese couldnt beat an egg (but that was in his elder playing years) and he still made it very enjoyable to watch, Gesse was ment to be a pool player and thats what he was, and every time i was lucky enough to see him play i very very much enjoyed it!

Vanover was my idol and the best i ever seen on a regular basis, but Geese was where the fun was at!

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2

North Carolina boys that are the two best 9 ball players ever Wimpy and the Pearl.--Leonard

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough Call

I'm going to stay with my Roots, and say Dallas West! Razor Thin Second, Oliver Ortmann.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hobart Lamar
Right up there with me. A true gentleman and a joy to play with. Always gave me either 25 or 50 no count depending the length of the game.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens...because his wit was almost as sharp as Tramp Steamer's. ;)