Palmer Model I Before Pics
Old
  (#226)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Palmer Model I Before Pics - 12-21-2017, 07:49 AM

These are a few before pictures of above cue. On the one hand I could say that Paul and Ellen really outdid themselves, but the reality is that they do this level of work everyday.
Attached Images

Jay Fishbein

On Facebook - Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Old
  (#227)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

12-21-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type79 View Post
Thanks Ted,

The two I got from you are still with me and both special cues.
Thanks
Very flattering to be part of your quest for Palmer cues.
Not too many out here in Colorado

player......Josswest, James White, South West, TS
player.......Kersenbrock, Bluegrass, Judd, Klein
breaker....Hillbily Smacker
jumper.....see breaker
shooter....Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.......Spyderco-Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#228)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-23-2017, 08:20 PM

Wow. I really appreciate the restoration work. A refinish is one thing. A nice restoration is another.

Time, dedication to detail...

The Palmers were such a cool line of cues. Their designs and their evolution is so representative of the times. The blanks from various sources also help make them special. Inlays done with razors and small chisels.

Worth every bit of effort to find them and save them.

I love the history.

And I appreciate so much that you show them off here.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Where Were You in 1965/1966?
Old
  (#229)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Where Were You in 1965/1966? - 01-04-2018, 08:03 AM

Palmer First Catalog Model 8 and Pre-Catalog Model E both made with somewhat rare light blue/aqua rings.

Both models are house cue conversions, received in excellent condition but both needing finishing. The Model E on the right was purchased with no finish. The previous owner, a cue maker had sanded the forearm and removed the wrap. The Model 8 on the left had numerous dings and damage to the finish on the forearm and also had no wrap.

Both were refinished and rewrapped by Paul Drexler / PFD Studios in Marlborough, CT.
Attached Images

Jay Fishbein

On Facebook - Palmer Cues - Original By Palmer
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412351735677519/

Page 16 of 16 « First 6141516

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: