Schon and other like schon

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know If it is me or what. I am posting to ask if there any other cues brand name that have almost same hit as schon cues?

I am interest in finding a custom cue maker who make cue in a budget range $450-800 dollars with 2 shafts( 2 shafts a must have) that almost hit same as a schon cues. I would appreciated if those 2 questions of mine be answer to me to my PM inbox.

Reason I am posting on this cause I was online looking at seyberts supplies and also schon website. I notice on both their site, the price went way way high since Evan Clarke left schon. That amaze me and I have 3 schons so far and wanting more. Now I feel like looking at different cue brand name or even a custom cue that almost have same hit feel like a schon. Sadly I won't be buying any cues from schon again.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their own site lists MSRPs. Their prices are still reasonable at the online vendors. I will admit that as you move up in model lines, they do get expensive. I'd rather have a custom four pointer than a $1k Schon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go play a Russ Espiritu. Joint,taper and hit are real close to Schon. Nice cues. BTW, J&J has some in stock at pretty good prices.

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i don't know if it is me or what. I am posting to ask if there any other cues brand name that have almost same hit as schon cues?

I am interest in finding a custom cue maker who make cue in a budget range $450-800 dollars with 2 shafts( 2 shafts a must have) that almost hit same as a schon cues. I would appreciated if those 2 questions of mine be answer to me to my pm inbox.

Reason i am posting on this cause i was online looking at seyberts supplies and also schon website. I notice on both their site, the price went way way high since evan clarke left schon. That amaze me and i have 3 schons so far and wanting more. Now i feel like looking at different cue brand name or even a custom cue that almost have same hit feel like a schon. Sadly i won't be buying any cues from schon again.

joss, pechauer, espritu, nova-
all great playing cues

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joss would be a very comparable brand. SS joint 5/16-14 pin, same joint diameter and quite similar butt diameter. Both are made in USA.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I don't know If it is me or what. I am posting to ask if there any other cues brand name that have almost same hit as schon cues?

I am interest in finding a custom cue maker who make cue in a budget range $450-800 dollars with 2 shafts( 2 shafts a must have) that almost hit same as a schon cues. I would appreciated if those 2 questions of mine be answer to me to my PM inbox.

Reason I am posting on this cause I was online looking at seyberts supplies and also schon website. I notice on both their site, the price went way way high since Evan Clarke left schon. That amaze me and I have 3 schons so far and wanting more. Now I feel like looking at different cue brand name or even a custom cue that almost have same hit feel like a schon. Sadly I won't be buying any cues from schon again.

Did you consider trying Segen? The's are Evan Clark's new brand of cues.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I bought two Schon's last year and they are great. Not sure when they were made though.

_______

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last newer('14 model) Schon I used played fine but quality is NOT the same. You could easily feel buttcap-to-sleeve joinline and on one shaft the ferrule-to-wood line could be felt also. Just my .02 here but i believe when a company cuts corners on the little stuff it indicates bigger problems to come(or maybe already there).

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How are they different now?

I bought a (new) 30" Schon shaft for a Schon H4(Hoppe tribute) I bought 3 years ago. It did not tighten properly...was way too tight and would not meet at facing. Also the grain was too prominent.

Bought another H4 last year for around $880. The wrap has some gaps in it.

The shaft went back as soon as I received it.

I kept the cue. The gap bothers me..it should not exist..and it should not have been sent out to be sold. Is anyone checking the goods before it leaves the shop?