SWEET
Silver Member
Jump Cues I've owned:

AE (jump/break)
Bunjee
Stealth
Predator Air
Frogger
Lomax (out of the ones I've owned this one was the best)

Jump Cues I've tried: (at a sponsor's booth etc...)

Poison
Dr. Popper
Mezz Air Shooter
Mezz Dual Force (jump/break)
RAT

Now for the BEST Jump Cue I have ever had in my hands:
Back Story:
I was at the pool room Friday and a couple of guys I know from Pool Leagues were hitting balls. One of the guys had his cues (Playing, Break, Jump Cue) laying on the table next to where they were hitting balls. After a few min. of BSing he asked me if I have tried out a Jump Cue like his. I looked over at it and saw a very unusual looking Jump Cue, not in it's shape or size but rather the appearance of the woods used. I said no I had not but let me give it a try. As I said before the first thing that struck me was the crazy look to the wood used and then the second thing I could not believe was the weight. This thing weighs a TON and I was like "How can you jump with this?" it felt like I had just pick up a full playing cue & THEN SOME...lol
Needless to say I gave it a try and lets just say the results were more than AMAZING. The first try I used the "Dart Method" the jump was effortless and drew the cue ball back to the end rail where is bounced off the end rail and back out 2 diamonds or so. Second try was traditional "Under Hand" method and once again it was totally effortless. With either style of jumping I did not have to worry about my jump stroke "technique" it was just effortless.

Come to find out the unusual looking jump cue was a:
Joe Bouska (Dymondwood Jump Cue)

I did a little research found Joe's number and ordered a Jump Cue on Sat.
I've owed & tried a lot of jump cues in my day but this was by far the one that required the least effort or technique to be an efficient jumper.

Last edited:

Rivhardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
contact info

Can you share contact infor or a website? I could not find anything. Thanks,

jlmjmcm

Registered
Please do share his contact info.! I got to try this jump cue today and it's effortless! I want to get in line for a new jump cue. From my understanding he isn't a full time cue maker so it could take some time. Thanks!

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
I have not posted on here before but I would like to thank you for your kind words. If any one wants to contact me I can be reached by phone 806-282-9662 or email prost427@sbcglobal.net. Thanks Joe Bouska

Hey Joe thanks for posting contact information.
I was going to but thought I should let you know before I publicly posted your info. so once again thanks for taking care of that.

Joe Bouska

Registered
I am not very computer savy but I can emai or text pictures to people if needed. If you call me and I don't answer I may be at my parttime job and I will return your call. Thanks Joe Bouska

qexpert_101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Alex Brick dymondwood jump cue and it is very heavy too. This cue jumps unbelievable, I have a friend who could never jump a ball and his first try with my jump cue he not only got over it he make the ball. I have noticed with other lighter jump cues if you strike off center a little the ball will masse in the air, not with this dymondwood cue that has never been a problem. Louie

StuartK35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds great...

Jump Cues I've owned:

AE (jump/break)
Bunjee
Stealth
Predator Air
Frogger
Lomax (out of the ones I've owned this one was the best)

Jump Cues I've tried: (at a sponsor's booth etc...)

Poison
Dr. Popper
Mezz Air Shooter
Mezz Dual Force (jump/break)
RAT

Now for the BEST Jump Cue I have ever had in my hands:
Back Story:
I was at the pool room Friday and a couple of guys I know from Pool Leagues were hitting balls. One of the guys had his cues (Playing, Break, Jump Cue) laying on the table next to where they were hitting balls. After a few min. of BSing he asked me if I have tried out a Jump Cue like his. I looked over at it and saw a very unusual looking Jump Cue, not in it's shape or size but rather the appearance of the woods used. I said no I had not but let me give it a try. As I said before the first thing that struck me was the crazy look to the wood used and then the second thing I could not believe was the weight. This thing weighs a TON and I was like "How can you jump with this?" it felt like I had just pick up a full playing cue & THEN SOME...lol
Needless to say I gave it a try and lets just say the results were more than AMAZING. The first try I used the "Dart Method" the jump was effortless and drew the cue ball back to the end rail where is bounced off the end rail and back out 2 diamonds or so. Second try was traditional "Under Hand" method and once again it was totally effortless. With either style of jumping I did not have to worry about my jump stroke "technique" it was just effortless.

Come to find out the unusual looking jump cue was a:
Joe Bouska (Dymondwood Jump Cue)

I did a little research found Joe's number and ordered a Jump Cue on Sat.
I've owed & tried a lot of jump cues in my day but this was by far the one that required the least effort or technique to be an efficient jumper.

What kind of money are we talking for one of these?

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is just the butt dymondwood or the shaft too? 2 or 3 piece? anyone have pics they can post?

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Is just the butt dymondwood or the shaft too? 2 or 3 piece? anyone have pics they can post?

2 Piece jump cue.
Both butt and shaft are made from Dymondwood.
I am still a couple of weeks from getting mine so I don't have any photos.

StuartK35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Jump Cue

I just received my new Jacoby jump cue yesterday with the G10 tip. I've jumped with several of these before this one and found them to be very good. This one however is absolutely amazing! It's worth every penny folks...just awesome. It jumps with ease.

My first attempt at a jump shot was with the cue ball and the 8 ball on the same rail and I mean on the rail....there was a ball between them...I jumped about 3 feet and made the 8 all the way up in the corner pocket without much thought...it was sweet. Other jump cues with less accuracy tend to throw that shot off the table(in my experience)...or maybe it's my accuracy? lol. Either way, this thing is the bomb!

I'm sold.

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Alex Brick dymondwood jump cue and it is very heavy too. This cue jumps unbelievable, I have a friend who could never jump a ball and his first try with my jump cue he not only got over it he make the ball. I have noticed with other lighter jump cues if you strike off center a little the ball will masse in the air, not with this dymondwood cue that has never been a problem. Louie

Hey guys, don't mean to step on anyones toes. I have been making the dymondwood jump and jumpbreaks for about 5 yrs now. I sell the jump for $125.00 shipped. They are heavy and with the dart style you can get up and down very quick. The jumpbreaks I sell for $275.00 shipped. It is hard to make the JB less than 20 oz.

Attachments

• Jumpcues.jpg
    Jumpcues.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 14,407

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
Hey guys, don't mean to step on anyones toes. I have been making the dymondwood jump and jumpbreaks for about 5 yrs now. I sell the jump for $125.00 shipped. They are heavy and with the dart style you can get up and down very quick. The jumpbreaks I sell for $275.00 shipped. It is hard to make the JB less than 20 oz.

those look pretty nice!!

one piece phenolic tip/ferrule ? how long of a tip/ferrule as well?

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oops, forgot to mention that the ferrule is black G10 glass and the tip is 1/2 of a White Diamond. I did just have the G10 but found that the White Diamond puts more english on the ball and jumps just as good.:grin:

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of my jump break cues. The cocobola dymondwood weights 18.7 and the black and brown weights 20 oz. Both made the same way and are the same size.

Attachments

• Jumpbreak.jpg
    Jumpbreak.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 3,537