Pure X

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
OK .. First: I'm not a particularly good shot. I love the game, but I'm not a natural.

Now: The HXTE2 Pool Cue.

I bought it because I liked the look, and it had an LD aspect to it.
I'm not going to return the cue, but I am a bit disappointed. My first impression was that it felt "thin" at the grip - although it measured at normal. The lizard grip felt like cheap plastic. There is a "thunk" feeling in the joint area I didn't like. The shaft and shooting does have a lower deflection than standard .. but not to the OB / 314 standards. It does have a center weighted feel (which I prefer) .. but there is a clunky feeling to the hit. The shaft has a piloted joint so it won't fit a stranded flat-faced butt.

Conclusion: It's an OK loaner to friends, but for $180 - $200 ... I would look elsewhere ... low end Joss comes to mind.

On a scale of 1-10: I rate this at about 6

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
HXT vs. Joss? Fair Comparison?

Apples to Oranges comparison.

A $170 Players HXT
vs.
A $270+ Joss?

Comparing the HXT Shaft to a OB/314?
Not Fair.

Piloted joint not good?

Rating of a 6 is a fair assessment.

Players are the best in their price range.

OK .. First: I'm not a particularly good shot. I love the game, but I'm not a natural.

Now: The HXTE2 Pool Cue.

I bought it because I liked the look, and it had an LD aspect to it.
I'm not going to return the cue, but I am a bit disappointed. My first impression was that it felt "thin" at the grip - although it measured at normal. The lizard grip felt like cheap plastic. There is a "thunk" feeling in the joint area I didn't like. The shaft and shooting does have a lower deflection than standard .. but not to the OB / 314 standards. It does have a center weighted feel (which I prefer) .. but there is a clunky feeling to the hit. The shaft has a piloted joint so it won't fit a stranded flat-faced butt.

Conclusion: It's an OK loaner to friends, but for $180 - $200 ... I would look elsewhere ... low end Joss comes to mind.

On a scale of 1-10: I rate this at about 6

Last edited: