Mezz Power Break 2

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The PBII is nicer if you're not particularly tall and prefer forward weighting (you can adjust with weight bolts and washers accordingly). I'm 5'10" and don't have particularly long armspan, but I feel like I'm close to the higher end of its length.

It's not too different from the PB1 outside of length as a breaker, you just get whichever length suits your proportions better. The upside of the PBII though is that it conveniently breaks down into a jump cue best suited for medium-long shots.

jhun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello!
Do you have any experience with the Mezz Power Break 2?
How are they compared with the other Mezz Break cues?
Thank you :)

Mezz power break II offers too much power. Cueball is harder to control compared to power break pro. If you can still find a power break pro with deep impact pro R shaft, I highly recommend to buy that model or their latest break cue. I tested both models on deep impact pro R and H shaft.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Mezz PB2 for almost 3 years. I'm 1.77m tall and I have no problem using the cue.

Mezz PB feels more compact. Even if the weight is 18 oz, the cue feels heavier, than a 19 oz standard length cue.
Cue provides great power so you don't need to put much effort to obtain a good break.
It can be used for long jump shots, but it's not designed for that, so if you are looking for a jump/break cue it's not the best choice.

The short butt is a good thing when you are playing in a place with not enough room around tables. It helps me couple times.

I tried almost every other Mezz break cue and, IMO it's no big difference between them, it's only mater of choice and practice time.

I got my Mezz PB2 s/h for something like 250$, so it worth that money, but I will not recommend it for 450$, if you want to buy a new one.

P.S. It's a good cue, but it's not a magic tool, any break cue will perform good if you put couple practice days in your break.

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the PB2 but the shorter butt means you have to put some spacers inside your cue case otherwise it will be very hard to get take out. Im currently playing with the PBP with h shaft. I like the weight and the balance but I kinda feel the shaft also is too fat. I like the tip diameter of the bk2 better

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with just about all answers here... but wanted to chime in. I have a BK2 and a Mezz PB2 w DI1. Have had trouble deciding which one I liked better.

I just got the DI2 shaft and I have to say that it is far superior to the DI1. It is obvious when you break. Usually it is hard to tell a difference. Not this time. Would love to know if anyone thinks the same.

I went away from the samsara ltip that came with the DI1 that I bought used. It put too much spin on the ball and did not suit my fast but controlled break.

I do like the sonic tip on my DI2, it feels like there are definite grooves that take chalk better than other break cues I have tried. Maybe it will glaze in a couple of weeks but at first feel it is an impressive tip.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with just about all answers here... but wanted to chime in. I have a BK2 and a Mezz PB2 w DI1. Have had trouble deciding which one I liked better.

I just got the DI2 shaft and I have to say that it is far superior to the DI1. It is obvious when you break. Usually it is hard to tell a difference. Not this time. Would love to know if anyone thinks the same.

I went away from the samsara ltip that came with the DI1 that I bought used. It put too much spin on the ball and did not suit my fast but controlled break.

I do like the sonic tip on my DI2, it feels like there are definite grooves that take chalk better than other break cues I have tried. Maybe it will glaze in a couple of weeks but at first feel it is an impressive tip.

Agreed. I asked Mezz what the differences are, and they reported back that only the deflection properties have changed, not so much the stiffness or anything else. My DI2 came in yesterday, and it was a nicer change than I expected coming from the DI1 and Pro H. The Pro H wasn't for me, as the stiffness wasn't benefitting my style of break. There was a noticeable difference in power transfer between the DI1 and 2 for me.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK Nuts.... pls tell us how the PB Kai differs rom the Mezz PB2 w DI2. Is the Kai a break only cue??? and pl tell us what is different from the BK2 as far as your analysis.

We would love to hear about it. thx.

Have you ever hit with a Gilbert J/B cue or a Dymondwood such as Alex Brick by chance?? I have not yet... but would love to know how these compare as they are recognized as perhaps the best????? on this forum.

Last edited:

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
power

The Kai is just much more powerful. There is a marked difference in power above what I can generate with the BK2. I have not tried the other Mezz break cues. Also haven't tried the Gilbert or Brick. I do however have a Robinson ironwood break/jump that hits harder and breaks better than the BK2 or Joss Thor Hammer. The Kai just gets more balls past the side pocket towards the head string. More than the others.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Nuts4tasc.... It is of my thought and opinion that the Kai you have hits much like the PB2 w DI2 sinch they use the same shaft. The PB2 is a J/B and the Kai is a dedicated breaker.

However as noted by posts the PB2 is Ok for long jumps but not that great at short ones INHO.

All things being equal, the Kai and PB2 at the same weight i,e, 17 or 18 oz should preform similarly.

I have gotten use to the shorter PB2,.... but still have not gotten rid of my BK2 yet.

THe new DI2 shaft is great and helping me decide.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Nuts4tasc.... It is of my thought and opinion that the Kai you have hits much like the PB2 w DI2 sinch they use the same shaft. The PB2 is a J/B and the Kai is a dedicated breaker.

However as noted by posts the PB2 is Ok for long jumps but not that great at short ones INHO.

All things being equal, the Kai and PB2 at the same weight i,e, 17 or 18 oz should preform similarly.

I have gotten use to the shorter PB2,.... but still have not gotten rid of my BK2 yet.

THe new DI2 shaft is great and helping me decide.

The Mezz PB2 is NOT a J/B. You can jump with it, BUT, it was NOT designed to be a jump cue. The washers are used for balance. 0-5 are recommended to be used.

Mezz website info on PB2: http://mezzcue.com/en/products/cues...l&cate=cues&series=powerbreak2&kinds=breakcue

Bob

Last edited:

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right... I have a dedicated 3 piece jump cue. The original mezz DI1 did not jump well at all... however with the DI2 it jumps long shots much better esp longer shots.

The weights are so small that I am not sure I can tell a difference taking any one or all of them off.

FOr the heck of it I will try to remove all and see if I can feel any difference. Being a shorter cue... I would guess that all the weights would be needed and preferred.... but I am open minded.

Needing a J/B cue the Mezz with the newer DI2 seemed to edge the BK2 and the DI2 makes a noticeable difference.

There is a guy on ebay that sells a jump shaft for the BK2 which I may try before making my decision of whihc to keep. thx

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The PB2 has weight bolt access in the butt, like normal. You can purchase weight bolts for weight changes. The washers are not weights per say. They are for changing the balance of the cue to your preference.

The "Dual Force" is the only designed J/B from Mezz.

Last edited: