Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructional Material reviews
Reload this Page One Pocket----A Game of Controlled Aggression by Tom Wirth
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-25-2017, 06:34 PM

To the people that bought Controlled Agression a few years ago.... how much has your game improved since then. Me.... I started from scratch so I keep moving up ... have a lot to learn but Iím growing ... how is your game doing?

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
And I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#17)
TheBasics
AzB Bronze Member
TheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 08:43 PM

Howdy All;

Got my hands on a copy of Tom's book this past fall. I'm new to 1P but this has
opened my eyes to a "Whole new World' ... The way he explains things is extremely
easy to follow. I should know as normally I can't make the connection from written
word to hands on without a show me being thrown in. Well, Tom covers the bases
even for folks like me. Only instructional book I've ever found that connects the page to
the table. Worth every cent and then some.

hank

Old
  (#18)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
To the people that bought Controlled Agression a few years ago.... how much has your game improved since then. Me.... I started from scratch so I keep moving up ... have a lot to learn but Iím growing ... how is your game doing?
Locally, I have to dish out spots just to get a game. I think the book contains the best 1hole lessons available. Big two thumbs up.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#19)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2018, 09:49 PM

I saw Tom today. Had the pleasure of playing some with him. I should say I had the pleasure of watching him, He finds a shot and runs out. He still has books ready to ship...aside from owning... it makes a nice gift.

Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.

Last edited by GoldCrown; 01-25-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Old
  (#20)
TRWpool
AzB Silver Member
TRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2018, 02:04 PM

ATTENTION! Due to an increase in printing and mailing costs I must increase the price of my book by $5.00 bringing the purchase price to $65.00 and free US shipping.
Still a bargain

100% positive response rate. Considered by all who have read this book to be the best book on One Pocket ever! Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Tom Wirth

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Old
  (#21)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRWpool View Post
ATTENTION! Due to an increase in printing and mailing costs I must increase the price of my book by $5.00 bringing the purchase price to $65.00 and free US shipping.
Still a bargain

100% positive response rate. Considered by all who have read this book to be the best book on One Pocket ever! Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Tom Wirth
Worth every penny of it! Excellent book. Thank you for all the work you put into it.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#22)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

02-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Locally, I have to dish out spots just to get a game. I think the book contains the best 1hole lessons available. Big two thumbs up.
That's a great statement.

Old
  (#23)
TRWpool
AzB Silver Member
TRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond reputeTRWpool has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2018, 05:34 AM

Just out! My new DVD "A Series of Unique Shots and Situations"
This video runs for about an hour and is filled with a variety of One Pocket situations and my take on what to do and a little on how to do it. To order. Just paypal $29.00 to account trwirth369@gmail.com

Thanks and happy One Pocket!

Tom

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Old
  (#24)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

04-19-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRWpool View Post
Just out! My new DVD "A Series of Unique Shots and Situations"
This video runs for about an hour and is filled with a variety of One Pocket situations and my take on what to do and a little on how to do it. To order. Just paypal $29.00 to account trwirth369@gmail.com

Thanks and happy One Pocket!

Tom
Would like to know how you come up with these shots.... Some have to be watched 2x or slow motion. I would like to learn half of what you forgot. Would settle for 25%.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: