Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Moonbattery of the day ...
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Moonbattery of the day ...
Old
  (#1)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Moonbattery of the day ... - 01-10-2018, 03:47 AM

From the people who believe that coal powered cars lead to clean air, unemployment checks lower unemployment and cold weather is the result of global warming ... the oceans aren't rising, they're sinking ... obviously because of global warming:

Quote:
So much extra water is being added to the worldís oceans from melting glaciers that the ocean floor is sinking underneath the increasing weight. This ocean floor deformation also means we have miscalculated just how much ocean levels are rising, and the problem could be far worse than previously believed.
http://www.newsweek.com/climate-chan...-levels-772862

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#2)
rhinobywilhite
AzB Silver Member

rhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-10-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
From the people who believe that coal powered cars lead to clean air, unemployment checks lower unemployment and cold weather is the result of global warming ... the oceans aren't rising, they're sinking ... obviously because of global warming:

I was afraid that would happen. I have gained a few pounds, over the Holidays, and noticed that the floors in my house have sunk just a little.

Oh, the inhumanity of it all!

Old
  (#3)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-10-2018, 07:11 AM

This is horrible news.

I an gonna cash out my retirement plans and party it away.

Any suggestions? I know it makes me sexist and a horrible person, but I don't want touch wieners or hairy butts.

You should have a shot at the cash, especially if we don't get any top pros participating.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#4)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
From the people who believe that coal powered cars lead to clean air, unemployment
checks lower unemployment and cold weather is the result of global warming ... the
oceans aren't rising, they're sinking ... obviously because of global warming:

Bet this genius never took calculus.

I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery

E Pluribus Awesome!

Old
  (#5)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

01-10-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
Bet this genius never took calculus.

Not sure about that ...

https://books.google.ca/books?id=8Hj...uation&f=false

I am not commenting on the accuracy or applicability of the equation to the "problem", just on the math.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#6)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:

Clamming just got harder except for the clams I got from Trump's tax cuts.

dumluk

Old
  (#7)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Not sure about that ...

https://books.google.ca/books?id=8Hj...uation&f=false

I am not commenting on the accuracy or applicability of the equation to the "problem",
just on the math.

Dave
It's not the mastery of calculus that is important, but rather the discipline.
Lack of discipline is a key ingredient in Moonbattery.

Link doesn't work.

I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery

E Pluribus Awesome!

Old
  (#8)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 11:48 AM

There is no reason to doubt that much water weight can compress the crust. We already know it did, as far less ice weight over N. America.

Most people probably know that the giant ice sheet coverage of the past glaciation pushed the crust down, and once the sheet withdrew, the land has been slowly re-rising. If you don't, look into it. It is well known.

Somewhere around a mile high of ice was sufficient to push the crust down. A mile high of ice coverage weighs somewhat less than a mile high of water coverage.

The average depth of the ocean is somewhere between 12,100 feet and 14,000 feet, apparently (I saw both those numbers on a lookup just now). The latter number is about 2.65 miles.

Scoffing at this article seems pretty ignorant to me. As if those scoffing don't know much geology or something.

So, yes there is moonbattery here. By LWW, and those agreeing with him. It shows a very weak grasp or even intuition on science. While, hilariously and so ironically, claiming that for others. Self-awareness is a good thing. So now you know how you are. You're welcome.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#9)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

01-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post

Link doesn't work.
Works for me, I clicked on it in the quote in your post and on the original in my earlier post.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-10-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Works for me, I clicked on it in the quote in your post and on the original in my earlier post.

Dave
Used up views at the link.

Old
  (#11)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 12:17 PM

Chapter 28, Glacial Isostatic Adjustment (GIA)

And yes, several equations that use calculus.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#12)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
There is no reason to doubt that much water weight can compress the crust. We already know it did, as far less ice weight over N. America.

Most people probably know that the giant ice sheet coverage of the past glaciation pushed the crust down, and once the sheet withdrew, the land has been slowly re-rising. If you don't, look into it. It is well known.

Somewhere around a mile high of ice was sufficient to push the crust down. A mile high of ice coverage weighs somewhat less than a mile high of water coverage.

The average depth of the ocean is somewhere between 12,100 feet and 14,000 feet, apparently (I saw both those numbers on a lookup just now). The latter number is about 2.65 miles.

Scoffing at this article seems pretty ignorant to me. As if those scoffing don't know much geology or something.

So, yes there is moonbattery here. By LWW, and those agreeing with him. It shows a very weak grasp or even intuition on science. While, hilariously and so ironically, claiming that for others. Self-awareness is a good thing. So now you know how you are. You're welcome.
Speaking to the crushing realities of weight. Has it occurred to you, that you may be a light weight?

Old
  (#13)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

01-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Speaking to the crushing realities of weight. Has it occurred to you, that you may be a light weight?
Heavier than a feather weight! A slight breeze and the feather weights go a tumblin'.

I think you may have misaddressed this to me, instead of LWW. Just guessing, I admit.

Or maybe you agree with his point here, and I've already described how those people are.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#14)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

Yet you canít present
A scintilla of evidence? Why is that?

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#15)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Whatever it takes to justify more government and less freedom.
What is it about the Left that causes them to despise liberty so much? Is it because too much self-reliance harms them on election days?

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

ď...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...Ē
Atlas Shrugged

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: