Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Moonbattery of the day ...
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

01-11-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
And yet the nice reproduction is without calculus.

Perhaps it is the end result, but the steps make the difference.

Perhaps you missed the comment "Integrating Equation 28.3 over the ocean area ... "

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#32)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-11-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Perhaps you missed the comment "Integrating Equation 28.3 over the ocean area ... "

Dave

Would have been nice to see it in integral form. A few steps if you will.

And yes, I did miss the English word integrating as the word
is often known for its non mathematical uses. ie 4, 5 and 6.

Quote:
verb (used with object), integrated, integrating.
1. to bring together or incorporate (parts) into a whole.

2. to make up, combine, or complete to produce a whole or a larger unit, as parts do.

3. to unite or combine.

4. to give or cause to give equal opportunity and consideration to (a racial, religious, or
ethnic group or a member of such a group): to integrate minority groups in the school
system.

5. to combine (previously segregated educational facilities, classes, and the like) into
one unified system; desegregate.

6. to give or cause to give members of all racial, religious, and ethnic groups an equal
opportunity to belong to, be employed by, be customers of, or vote in (an organization,
place of business, city, state, etc.): to integrate a restaurant; to integrate a country
club.

7. Mathematics. to find the value of the integral of (a function).

Old
  (#33)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Dave
Also, what I think is shown as phi (my Greek is rusty, so I could be wrong what letter it is) is a Green's function.

Quote:
...a Green's function is the impulse response of an inhomogeneous linear differential equation defined on a domain, with specified initial conditions or boundary conditions.

Through the superposition principle for linear operator problems, the convolution of a Green's function with an arbitrary function f (x) on that domain is the solution to the inhomogeneous differential equation for f (x). In other words, given a linear ordinary differential equation (ODE), L(solution) = source, one can first solve L(green) = δs, for each s, and realizing that, since the source is a sum of delta functions, the solution is a sum of Green's functions as well, by linearity of L.
So calculus is there (stealthy, unless one knows what a Green function is) before the integration mentioned.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#34)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Would have been nice to see it in integral form. A few steps if you will.

And yes, I did miss the English word integrating as the word
is often known for its non mathematical uses. ie 4, 5 and 6.

"Integrating over an area" puts it firmly into the context of calculus ... thought you for sure could differentiate that

Dave <-- will be here all week

Old
  (#35)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
"Integrating over an area" puts it firmly into the context of calculus ... thought you for sure could differentiate that

Dave <-- will be here all week

Nope.

I am not into reading small type and would certainly
see giving equal opportunity and consideration to
(a racial, religious, or ethnic group or a member of
such a group): to integrate minority groups in the school
system.

I would have noticed an integral or derivative signs.

I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery

E Pluribus Awesome!

Last edited by Slide Rule; 01-11-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Old
  (#36)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:

Nope.

I am not into reading small type and would certainly
see giving equal opportunity and consideration to
(a racial, religious, or ethnic group or a member of
such a group): to integrate minority groups in the school
system.

I would have noticed an integral or derivative signs.

What you didn't see was the 'phi' Greek letter, or if you did, thought it was something other than a function equation, perhaps.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#37)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Fascinating reading NPR guys explaining calculus.

Old
  (#38)
DaveK
pre-proscribed

01-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:

You are welcome

Dave

Old
  (#39)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Its fascinating reading leftists, especially SOFLA, explaining anything.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#40)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

01-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
I'm always fascinated watching you struggle to read basic English texts with any comprehension. But I have confidence if you keep trying, eventually you'll do (a little) better.

Never give up! It's worth the struggle! (Have you checked your vision recently?)

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#41)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

01-11-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Nobody explained calculus to you in this thread. We pointed out where it was in the material, which you had missed. That's a bit different.

I wouldn't prejudge what others here know. I'm sure there are many surprises.

I'm not sure engineering degrees cover as much calculus as a math degree does. Maybe they do. Between complex analysis (calculus with imaginary numbers), real analysis, Lebesgue integration, and tensor analysis on manifolds, I guess I had about four years of it for my math degree.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#42)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:

Precisely my point.

Old
  (#43)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-11-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Nobody explained calculus to you in this thread. We pointed out where it was in the material, which you had missed. That's a bit different.

I wouldn't prejudge what others here know. I'm sure there are many surprises.

I'm not sure engineering degrees cover as much calculus as a math degree does. Maybe they do. Between complex analysis (calculus with imaginary numbers), real analysis, Lebesgue integration, and tensor analysis on manifolds, I guess I had about four years of it for my math degree.

I was the one talking about someone who studied calculus as a qualifier
for someone talking about science. Yet, no integral signs appear. No
derivatives appear. It is as if an attorney who never took calculus was
speaking as if he finessed it.

Why is that?

Perhaps someone with some understanding could provide something
showing the calculus, rather than showing what they don't know.

Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery

E Pluribus Awesome!

Old
  (#44)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-12-2018, 04:23 AM

The oceans are 7 miles deep.

The weight of the oceans has seen resting on the ocean floor for billions of years.

The science deniers have been fabricating evidence of sea levels rising for decades.

Now this jibba jabba is accepted blindly.

The actual science behind this is no different than claiming the reason we havenít seen s real Godzilla is that he lives at the bottom of the ocean with sponge bob and has stomped the sea floor down in order to mask what simply must be there.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#45)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum

01-12-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
The oceans are 7 miles deep.

The weight of the oceans has seen resting on the ocean floor for billions of years.

The science deniers have been fabricating evidence of sea levels rising for decades.

Now this jibba jabba is accepted blindly.

The actual science behind this is no different than claiming the reason we haven’t seen
a real Godzilla is that he lives at the bottom of the ocean with sponge bob and has
stomped the sea floor down in order to mask what simply must be there.
So. What would be the consequence of adding 1 inch to the 7 mile deep ocean.
This is something that could be expressed in a calculus equation. This something
seems beyond NPR forum posters. Why is that?

Perhaps they are students of language and not students of mathematics.

No doubt, Rachel hasn't yet provided the satisfactory answer. Rachel will also explain
Godzilla. When she puts her mind to it, all will be clarified.

E Pluribus Awesome!

Last edited by Slide Rule; 01-12-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: