radial pin not fitting joint protectors?

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
So I had a pair of jim baxter joint protectors that fit on my diveney and schmelke radial pins. These pins were the traditional looking radial pin that had the top of the pin without threads.

I pass these joint protectors on to someone else and he cannot get them on to his radial pin, a pin that does look different to mine. Did Jim not tap the JPs high enough to accommodate the tall threads or is this an import pin or what is the deal? Pictured below is the pin that will not take the JPs.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can pass on.

ef96af3e0900ff0622cf2d42bc504b58.jpg

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I had a pair of jim baxter joint protectors that fit on my diveney and schmelke radial pins. These pins were the traditional looking radial pin that had the top of the pin without threads.

I pass these joint protectors on to someone else and he cannot get them on to his radial pin, a pin that does look different to mine. Did Jim not tap the JPs high enough to accommodate the tall threads or is this an import pin or what is the deal? Pictured below is the pin that will not take the JPs.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can pass on.

View attachment 464085

First guess would always be import pin.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
A Radial (copyright) and a "radial" pin are not necessarily the same thing. Just because it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, doesn't mean its a duck...

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
A Radial (copyright) and a "radial" pin are not necessarily the same thing. Just because it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, doesn't mean its a duck...

understood, thanks. This pin in is on a mike gulyassey which is why I was hesitant to accuse of import pin without asking first.