Broke my schon :(

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cored

Recently watched an episode of Forensic Files on cable. Man beat a woman with pool cue, and later stabbed her a few times to kill her. The cue was a Schon (Looked to be expensive LTD) It broke in a similar way. To most it looked like he had to hit her repeatedly to have the butt break. Probably hit her once and it fell apart. I have seen at least four Schons with quite unusual fractures. Wondered if treating wood could make it brittle. If cored it should not break easily with straight grain coring material. I guess the lesson to be learned is do not use a Schon for a weapon. Look for an old bar cue.

I carry a Schon and use an old Paul Huebler as a jump/break. So my Huebler should be my "go to" if I get in an altercation? LOL!

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Y

That means it's not a Schon anymore. It's a Willee.

True but perhaps a Schon/Willee since I did not touch the shaft or the butt where the Schon name is ... every person from now on who repairs or replaces any part of this cue will need to add his name to the list.
Its a slippery subject for the cue purest ... how it looks or plays don't matter near as much to them as all the details as to who had anything to do with its construction or repair over the cues entire life.
Change the tip and it is no longer a true original Schon anymore.

Ironically ... I can totally understand that as I have things I am that way about also.

It was a challenge and a good learning experience attempting to match the skill level of the original cue maker. To replace the forearm and make it look as good as the original. I did not charge anything for the repair and quite frankly at the start was not really sure I could pull it off.

Willee

Attachments

• schon3.jpg
    schon3.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 196

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True but perhaps a Schon/Willee since I did not touch the shaft or the butt where the Schon name is ... every person from now on who repairs or replaces any part of this cue will need to add his name to the list.

Its a slippery subject for the cue purest ... how it looks or plays don't matter near as much to them as all the details as to who had anything to do with its construction or repair over the cues entire life.

Change the tip and it is no longer a true original Schon anymore.

Ironically ... I can totally understand that as I have things I am that way about also.

It was a challenge and a good learning experience attempting to match the skill level of the original cue maker. To replace the forearm and make it look as good as the original. I did not charge anything for the repair and quite frankly at the start was not really sure I could pull it off.

Willee

Looks really good though!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums