Tiger jump/break tip review

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There wasn't enough room on a particular web site to leave my full review, So i'm posting it here.

It was time to replace the Samsara break tip on my Jump/Break cue. My break cue is a 24oz Cannon jump/break. I (and my teammates who use it) break well with it, I use a controlled break, 2 of my teammates smash it, the other female teammate likes it cause it's heavy and breaks well with her low power. But enough about the cue, this review is about the tip.
I have tried Phenolic, Hard Triangles, water buffalo and the Samsara, have always come back to the Samsara.
The tip installed well (I used my lathe), and was easy to work. During my first break I suspected I wasn't going to like it. The break felt "Soft", But I had to put it through the full trail before I formed my final opinion. 50+ breaks (from me), 10 breaks from 1 teammate, 2 from another, and 3 from the lady. Nobody liked it, they said it lacked that "Snap", or "Punch" the Samsara had.
Well it touted it was also a jump tip. 1 teammate and I use it regularly to jump, we normally jump with ease, both on Valley and Diamond tables, we couldn't get a Valley cue ball over a piece of chalk, and the Diamond table-cyclop balls (which are very easy to jump) were sporadic. My humble opinion, it sucks as a jump tip.

It's not all bad.
Remember I said, 'put it through the full trial'. I spent 4 nights of league, mostly during practice, breaking with it, and letting my "Smasher" teammate break with it. Here is what I noticed after about 60+ breaks;
It retained its shape well.
It held chalk the entire time. no "glassing" of the surface.
So I decided to shot a game with it, on my break cue. It played well, for a hard tip.
So, if you like hard tips, this may be a tip you want to try.
As a jump/break tip, not so good.

I'll be trying out the Mezz Sonic tip next, when it arrives.