Any Thoughts on Timothy White's Material?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just discovered Timothy White and have purchased his first two books. I've already learned a lot and plan on buying the others. One thing I learned is how the open bridge should be used almost exclusively over the closed bridge. That is a big change for me an I'll have to admit that already I feel like I can produce a smoother and longer stroke.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The choice to use and open or closed bridge is not that simple. All shots can be made with either bridge, so Tim White saying an open bridge should be used all the time is erroneous. It can be...snooker players play with an open bridge on all shots. Many poolplayers swap back and forth between open and closed. We teach to use an open hand bridge when shooting above center, and a closed hand bridge when shooting center or below...and especially on any kind of power stroke, including the break.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
The choice to use and open or closed bridge is not that simple. All shots can be made with either bridge, so Tim White saying an open bridge should be used all the time is erroneous. It can be...snooker players play with an open bridge on all shots. Many poolplayers swap back and forth between open and closed. We teach to use an open hand bridge when shooting above center, and a closed hand bridge when shooting center or below...and especially on any kind of power stroke, including the break.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Thanks for your input. I think I've discovered the truth in what you stated over the last few days experimenting with both bridges. Good stuff.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy just seems a little strange, and not someone I would go to personally for lessons.

With that being said, I've seen a lot of his DVDs, and they are extremely informative.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
The guy just seems a little strange, and not someone I would go to personally for lessons.

With that being said, I've seen a lot of his DVDs, and they are extremely informative.

Yeah, not sure we need to see the naked Aborigines and such, but some great information never the less.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Line up a shot with an open bridge. note the tip position on the cue. Now just change to a closed bridge. you will see that the tip naturally moves lower on the cue ball. That isn't the reason we teach it that way, just an added benefit.