Ever get sick of it all?

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Pool, It's an amazing game. I love it, More than anything, So I thought.
I'm not a Road Player or a Touring Pro But I am a player of the game, all forms. Lately I feel tired, Tired of Staying up untill sun rise.
Lately When I walk into a PoolRoom or see a table I feel as if I'm being Punched in the Stomach. Sometimes I just want to Puke.
Little Scared Sometimes, My Stomach Tightens and I feel like I'm Missing something.

I think I needed to vent that, anyone ever feel that way?
-Vincent

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
smokeandapancak said:
dude you are like 17 or 18 right?

go chase some tail......

tip... tail aint in a pool room..

Unless that pool room just happens to be next to a high school. And that high school just happens to hold the reputation of having a couple loose girls. And those girls just happen to be impressed by a good draw stroke.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
In your biography you say "the only thing I don't have is a life outside the pool room." That says it all.

That says that part of you recognizes that you need more to life than just pool. You can love the game and you can spend most of your time playing pool but you need to find other things to do as well.

Are you kind of shy and don't have friends that you are comfortable hanging with?

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
JimS said:
In your biography you say "the only thing I don't have is a life outside the pool room." That says it all.

That says that part of you recognizes that you need more to life than just pool. You can love the game and you can spend most of your time playing pool but you need to find other things to do as well.

Are you kind of shy and don't have friends that you are comfortable hanging with?
Pretty much, I have always been very shy.
I use to play Paintball, Airsoft and Rugby. I play Golf, When I have time on the weekends.
I had a girlfriend but pool kinda drove us apart. Two years, Ruined.
In the PoolRoom Girls I have seen around school have come up to me and wanted to play. Some have asked several times in one night.
The Regs Think I'm nuts. Sometimes I think I'm Nuts.

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
then you should "drop some nuts"

bottom line ... if it aint fun dont do it..............
it's a game.. you will soon enough have to do shit everyday that isnt fun (read: work)...dont waste your time now!!

gawd I sound old.........

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i get sick of it. to me it starts to become a routine. sleep, work, pool hall + gambling. for a while i started to compare pool to my job as a salesman. i was always trying to match up with someone. from my 10-7 job and from 9-close at the pool room.

ez2h8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you are just going thru the up's and down of any hobby/sport. Some days we enjoy them, some days we just don't want to play. Take a break and do something else for a week or so. Let your mind refresh itself from pool. Could also find another pool hall to play at. Different atmosphere and crowd may revive your interest as well, if you really don't want to take the break from shooting. That has worked many times for me.

ez

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i stopped watching the sun come up when i was 26. I intentionallly didnt have a girl friend-it was the farthest thing from my mind, but one day I looked around the pool room and just got sick of it. Sure I wasnt working I moved good enough not to have a job but not the life I wanted, so I took 14 years out of the pool room, -second smartest move I ever made, smartest move was the gym. Buying my parents a house 6 years after leaving the pool room felt better than winning anything in pool, the rest is history...

Last edited:

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
Buying my parents a house 6 years after leaving the pool room felt better than winning anything in pool, the rest is history...

Hey, that's the BEST thing that you EVER spent money on aside from your kids education. I remember the pleasure that I got from buying my parents their first color TV set. I can only imagine buying them a house :D . That musta been very cool. Congrats...Tom

hejests

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all about balance. There's such a thing as too much, even with things that we love. It's why its so important to keep multiple things going in your life. Work-wise, ppl talk about work-life balance, in the gym ppl talk about overtraining, but it's really no different for anything we do, and do a lot of (ie there's such a thing as pool-life balance and overplaying). When you find yourself doing one thing so much that its excluding all the other things that you love out of life, it's time to stop, look around and really ask yourself if it's worth it and if it's the kind of life you want. If it's making you unhappy, it probably isn't, and it's time to shake things up and get your life back into some sort of balance. Everything in nature tends towards some sort of equilibrium and we're not any different.

Having said that... I have zero work-life balance, when I was a gym rat I chronically overtrained and when it comes to pool, I've spent too much of my adult life overplaying... Ha I'm one to talk about balance!

Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play in BCA leagues (3 different ones) 3 times a week. All I ever did was work and shoot pool. It was a schedule that got boring. It started feeling like I was at work when I played pool. I didn't like it.

My solution was to buy a table and quit the leagues. I come out for tournaments but I now shoot pool on my own time. It has become fun again and I enjoy shooting pool now more than ever.

BTW, last Thursday I got a call from the local league asking me to come sub for someone. I obliged and got there a 1/2 hour early to adjust to the tables. I had fun but, by the time I got out of there, I was absolutely sure that quitting league play was the best thing I ever did.

Coro

Registered
I think Hejest's post says it best. I think almost everyone would get burned out or tired and sick of pool if thats all they did. I find when you play constantly the frustration builds too easily. Its good to have another hobby or job outside of pool.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe

Methodman201 said:
I'm not a Road Player or a Touring Pro But I am a player of the game, all forms. Lately I feel tired, Tired of Staying up untill sun rise.
Lately When I walk into a PoolRoom or see a table I feel as if I'm being Punched in the Stomach. Sometimes I just want to Puke.
Little Scared Sometimes, My Stomach Tightens and I feel like I'm Missing something.

-Vincent

Sick of it all? Oh yeah, but I always come back to it. As was said before, girls are NOT anywhere near the pool halls, so you have to find them elsewhere. Just take some time off if you need to, but you'll be back. I know I've tried to quit numerous times, but when your mothers' boyfriend owns a pool room, and you go there from time to time to visit, the chances of it bleeding back into you are just too great. It sounds to me like you have other things you'd like to have, and you're not finding it in the pool room, so you're becoming sick of pool. Find whatever it is outside of the pool room, then slowly come back to the game you obviously enjoy playing...I have, and can't think of another place I'd honestly rather be. I just love the game waaay too much to quit again, though I do get frustrated by the lack of competition around here. Oh well, tis' life I assume :D Good luck in your game ventures, Jeff

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tpdtom said:
Hey, that's the BEST thing that you EVER spent money on aside from your kids education. I remember the pleasure that I got from buying my parents their first color TV set. I can only imagine buying them a house :D . That musta been very cool. Congrats...Tom

I dont have any kids, I will someday. Thanks for the nice post.

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:

-Vincent

You never really explain why you feel the way you do. Why would you feel like your being punched in the stomach when you walk into a pool room? Kinda wierd. But if thats true it obviously has nothing to do with the game of pool. Maybe some counseling would do you some good.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not me, I'll love the game of One Pocket till the day I die.....The only thing that gets me sick and makes me want to scream, is....TAKING THE TIME TO GO TO MY POOL ROOM/ANY POOL ROOM AND HAVE THERE BE NO ACTION AND NOBODY TO MATCH UP WITH - NOW THAT, IS DEPRESSING....and as we all know, because of poker, etc. etc. this happens way more today than it ever did 10-30 years ago.

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
Sounds like you're just a little burned out on pool right now, it happens to a lot of people. Go out and chase some quality trim ( not scandalous cougars ), relax and before you know it you'll be like "goddamn I gotta get to the poolhall"