Video of stroke

KaMiKaZi

Registered
I have recently started taping some of my practice sessions and matches and have found out a wealth of information about my game.This is the first video I did a while ago. I have found some of the more obvious things and started working on them but I was wondering what you guys thought as well. Any comments critical or otherwise are welcome. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFlsE02rxs

roadwarrior

Registered
Hi,

I'm not good in analyzing someone's stroke and am not a pro. I comment on how you can improve more on your stroke. all i know, we need to be on a straight line while aiming with a good follow through and keep u'r head still.
Based on u'r video, i'm not sure if u'r on the straight line but the bottom line is that you were able to pocket the ball and that is most important thing.

My advice is to practice advance shots the way i do.

you can do straight long distance routine while the bridge hand is on the table:

- stunn shot
- stunn shot like, but the cue ball will move forward a bit 6-12 inches.
- draw shot

Then try to shoot all of them while u'r bridge hand is on/ above the rail. This will help you build confidence whenever the cue ball is near/ close to the rail.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your eyes are not level. They are like this / The right eye is lower than the left eye. You need to keep them level.

You are clearly right eye dominent.

At the standing position keep your grip hand at your hip, turn (about 45 deg) until your grip hand feels as though it is in line with the shot, step forward with your left foot parallel with the shot line. If moving the left foot forward feels uncomfortable you may have tuned too far.

Other than that good shoot'in

John

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'm not a pro or an instuctor but I have been playing for 46 years.

As mentioned your eyes are not level. That may or may not be a problem for you but we walk around all day doing what we do with ours eyes almost always level. I prefer level eyes.

What I noticed is even on that softly hit shot your stroke was 'hooking'. The tip is finishing to 'your' left. Diffcult to determine why from that video. The cause could be a # of things.

I would suggest shooting some shots diagonally but with the object ball farther from the pocket & shoot a little harder stop shot & note if your cue aims center pocket or is finishing left or use the ring enforcers. Work on delivering the cue a little harder while keeping it straight on line.

Good Luck
RJ