Donny Lutz, Gainesville Fl

bop2wop

I had two sessions with Donny Lutz in Gainesville Fl. He is a BCA certified instructor and his fee is very reasonable. He comes to the session very well prepared with a complete lesson plan, including printed drills and diagrams. He carefully evaluates your skills and deficiencies, then suggests drills to improve your game. He's personable and easy to get along with, it was a good experience for me.

Last edited:

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have also had a couple lessons from Donny. Nice guy, not sure why his nickname is the "Grumpy Old Man"
John

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
had a lesson this week
very thorough and knowledgeable
strength is 8 ball strategy
excellent for a beginner to intermediate
price is right :smile:
very personable and sincere in trying to help you improve

penquin024

Registered
I had my first lesson today by donny lutz. It went great I still consider my self to be a beginner don showed me what i was doing wrong and how to adjust to it. He gave me an introduction on banks, safety, and controlling the cueball. We have another session tomorrow hope it goes as good as it went today!

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Donny has been posting a lot on AZ Billiards recently and having a ball. If memory serves, he also has over 200 (?) 8- and 9-Ball titles and about too many league MVPs/high averages to track.

He is exacting and thorough with his students and everyone I've sent his way appreciated his lessons and gave him great referrals.

He knows as much as anyone in the world about 8-Ball strategy and tactics and was named by Pool & Billiards Magazine to its list of "Top 20 Pool Teachers". He also has a website where he sells cues.