Ron Thomas Case?

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if any AZB'ers might know if this is a case Ron may have made at one time. First one with a zipper top I have seen. Have a number of cases I am going to list, just wanted to verify this one. Not sure if it is leather, almost patent leather look.
TTop.jpg

Tlid.jpg

Tfull.jpg

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't know, but I have never seen one of his with a zipper top like that. That don't
mean it's not his. If you don't get a positive reply by Wed I will ask him at sbe and post back.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

If it is its a one-off ?? I have never seen him do one like this and I have known him a long time.

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks to be a knock off Whitten, don't know of Ron making this style case. Could be wrong though.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have actually seen 3-4 mostly on eBay. I was always too skeptical to pull the trigger. If its an early Ron Thomas it's cool but I have a feeling its not. Curious to see what Ron says about it. I don't recall seeing his name on the vendor list for this years SBE but I could've overlooked it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I don't believe these are Ron Thomas cases. They are Thomas cases.

Occasionally they come up on Ebay and what I think happens is that people Google the tag on it and find Ron Thomas. They habitually list them as Ron Thomas Cases.

They are inexpensive cases. I searched last year and found something about them. I had to search long and hard because any search on that name comes up with Ron Thomas' work. I don't remember what I found or where I found it but what I found told me they weren't his cases and that was enough for me at the time. I think what I found may have actually been here in the AZB forums...but I don't remember for sure.

I was searching for the same reason you are asking, I saw one on Ebay.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have actually seen 3-4 mostly on eBay. I was always too skeptical to pull the trigger. If its an early Ron Thomas it's cool but I have a feeling its not. Curious to see what Ron says about it. I don't recall seeing his name on the vendor list for this years SBE but I could've overlooked it.

He will be there booth 312 I think

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got off of the phone with Ron and he said that his early cases were just like this and described them to be just like this case. So I'm fairly confident that this is a Ron Thomas case. Oh and by the way he is unable to attend the cue show even though he had intended to be there.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got off of the phone with Ron and he said that his early cases were just like this and described them to be just like this case. So I'm fairly confident that this is a Ron Thomas case. Oh and by the way he is unable to attend the cue show even though he had intended to be there.

It looks like it's settled then, and straight from the horse's mouth no less!

Thanks for checking that out.

I went and searched for what I found last year on these cases and couldn't find it anyway.

But it looks like it wouldn't matter since Thomas himself is saying he made them.

Great info!

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Thomas

I Love My thomas's. Old And New.

Attachments

• IMG_20130330_173507_139.jpg
    IMG_20130330_173507_139.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Rusty,
Thanks for clearing this up. :) I will miss talking to Ron at the show,
hopefully next year. :(

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Sorry to hear Ron won't be attending this year's show. I look forward to visiting his booth at Super Billiard Expo. Please let Ron know that he has fans here on AZ.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Wow

I have a 1x1 case with the exact same label which I thought couldn't be a "real" Ron Thomas case. Thanks Rusty for the information, now the case might be worth more than I paid lol.

Stan