what is the value of this meucci cue

I had a JR-5 Meucci (which can be seen in this link, http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-jr-series.htm) around 7 years ago, and it was signed by Jimmy Rempy (if they may have added any value at all). I forget what I paid for it, but I think that I was only able to sell it for around $200. Sold it on here I think, and that was probably a bad idea, because not too many fans of Meucci on here I am guessing. I think it was a hard sell even at my low asking price. It was in pretty used condition though. I did not think it was worth all that much at the time, or that it might be collectible. I would guess that the OP's cue would sell for $400 to $500 on ebay auction (I am guessing closer to $400, but who knows). They are nice hitting cues.

Last edited:
As soon as I win the 500 million power ball, is when I might start thinking of paying 3k for Any stick.

If I had 3k to spend on a cue, I think I would get myself a super nice looking Richard Black cue. Can't imagine anyone paying 3k for a Meucci (not when there are so many amazing looking customs that could be had in that price range, or cheaper).

My cousin has the same cue but with a black wrap. He also got Jim Rempe to autograph it. These cues were special order in the mid 90s and are not in any Meucci catalog. There were only 50 made and are extremely rare and valuable. The original cost was $500. Since they are one of a kind, it's almost impossible to put a price on them. My opinion, you could easily get $3,000 from a collector at auction. Remember only 50 were made, how many survived? and what's the ratio of white vs black wraps made?

One of a kind? No, there were 50 of them made, so it is not one of a kind.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
King James

I was playing in a camel pro tour event in Tulsa, Ok (late 90's) and had just made it to the semi finals. Was putting cue in case and Jim walked over and bumped my shoulder subtly, he was fixin' to play his next match and I think he wanted to let me know he was there also. I said nothing to him but at that point I knew I was a pro, Rempi was one of the players I watched like a chicken hawk when I was a young shaver. It was an honor to rub elbows (or shoulders) :) with the greatest pool players in the world. This is a nice Meucci cue, I have played some my best games with a meucci original cue.

Last edited:

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a JR-5 in a pool hall one afternoon for $150.00 from a guy who needed drinking money. I sold it a month later for $400.00. I wish now I would have kept it. It was straight as an arrow and in good shape. I'm one of those rare breed guys who actually loves Meucci cues. I've been lucky, I guess....never had a problem with anything I've come across or bought new. :)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a JR-5 Meucci (which can be seen in this link, http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-jr-series.htm) around 7 years ago, and it was signed by Jimmy Rempy (if they may have added any value at all). I forget what I paid for it, but I think that I was only able to sell it for around $200. Sold it on here I think, and that was probably a bad idea, because not too many fans of Meucci on here I am guessing. I think it was a hard sell even at my low asking price. It was in pretty used condition though. I did not think it was worth all that much at the time, or that it might be collectible. I would guess that the OP's cue would sell for $400 to $500 on ebay auction (I am guessing closer to $400, but who knows). They are nice hitting cues.
You $h!t in your best mess kit when you sold this one. ^^^ Those are good playing Originals! (in my opinion)

Last edited:

TNOriginals

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had 3k to spend on a cue, I think I would get myself a super nice looking Richard Black cue. Can't imagine anyone paying 3k for a Meucci (not when there are so many amazing looking customs that could be had in that price range, or cheaper).

I just sent a guy $6000 for 3 Meuccis. 1 was an MO-9 for $3000.

TILT9

Banned

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 388

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Well, even though this is an old thread, this may help a bit. Or, it may not. I don't see the OP's cue in any Meucci brochures, but here is a mid 80s Meucci Rempe page, 1984 to be exact. Although the exact cue is not pictured, it's style is closest to the JR-1, which was $180.00 at that time. So, given that this cue is in very nice, even close to new condition, I would agree with those who say about $200.00, possibly plus a bit, for the Meucci collector.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Meucci Rempe.jpg
    Meucci Rempe.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 501
  • Meucci Prices.jpg
    Meucci Prices.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
My cousin has the same cue but with a black wrap. He also got Jim Rempe to autograph it. These cues were special order in the mid 90s and are not in any Meucci catalog. There were only 50 made and are extremely rare and valuable. The original cost was $500. Since they are one of a kind, it's almost impossible to put a price on them. My opinion, you could easily get $3,000 from a collector at auction. Remember only 50 were made, how many survived? and what's the ratio of white vs black wraps made?

How can a run of 50 cues be one-of-a-kind?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a JR-5 in a pool hall one afternoon for $150.00 from a guy who needed drinking money. I sold it a month later for $400.00. I wish now I would have kept it. It was straight as an arrow and in good shape. I'm one of those rare breed guys who actually loves Meucci cues. I've been lucky, I guess....never had a problem with anything I've come across or bought new. :)

That cue is just classic Meucci design, although I never liked the hit of Meucci cues, I do like a lot of their designs. For $150 I would have bought it also just to own it.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got to looking through my Meucci's and low and behold, I have an M-14 with the black wrap. I had sold one I think it was the JR-5 within the past two years, but I still have one left. It's a keeper!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can a run of 50 cues be one-of-a-kind?

You saw that too, eh?

1971 Hemi Cuda....only 9 were made that were convertibles with a stick shift and air conditioning.

If only one was made with an 8 track player I guess that's one of a kind?

If only one was made in blue I guess that's one of a kind?

Anyway...I hardly think a Meucci model with a run of fifty is one of a kind, regardless of what wrap it has. :wink:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I've seen 2 cues similar to this (Rempe logo,segmented wrap with extra ring) in Memphis but that was over 20 years ago.

In nice shape with 2 shafts I wouldn't think 4-500 would be out of line.

In my eyes based on about a half-dozen examples in this newer time frame,their build quality went back on par with some of the old stuff,however I haven't seen any evidence of how well they hold up over time.

I wish I had an explanation for this,but I have seen more Meucci cues abused by getting left out in hot and cold cars than any other brand. I'd bet I've seen 200 in my lifetime that had swollen points,popped out rings and inlays,cracked joint collars,and so on.

As far as ones I'd pay big money for,the only ones I've ever wanted as a "collector" would be an OLD Crown Jewels or JR-7 like the one pictured above.

Cornerman I believe still has the exact one I'd want if money were not an issue,an unplayed gem from the 80's when their material,wood,and build quality were at their peak. Tommy D.

TNOriginals

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how guys say $100, $200, $400, and they have never owned the cue. They have never sold the cue. They have never bought the cue. They just throw a number at the OP from mid-air. I have one that is unchalked since new. I gave $600 for it. I have seen a handful of these over the years. They are a cool cue and yes, only a few were made.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a picture of the MO-9. I've never seen one before. Sounds like quite the Meucci!