They Finally Made a Pool Table-Computer

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
If anyone of you take lessons, drill on shots, run patterns, etc; this may be for you. Take a look at http://projectionprobilliards.com and take a look at what they've done. I've ordered this and finally have the patterns that I want to play on my pool table. I absolutely hated putting the pattern drills from a paper onto the table and this makes it so much easier. One push of the button and the pattern is transformed or interloped. This is just getting started and there are many instructors that are now putting their drills, patterns, safeties, etc. on here. I think the computer device they carry can handle 440,000 drills, patterns, safeties, etc. so it will be a long time.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
If anyone of you take lessons, drill on shots, run patterns, etc; this may be for you. Take a look at http://projectionprobilliards.com and take a look at what they've done. I've ordered this and finally have the patterns that I want to play on my pool table. I absolutely hated putting the pattern drills from a paper onto the table and this makes it so much easier. One push of the button and the pattern is transformed or interloped. This is just getting started and there are many instructors that are now putting their drills, patterns, safeties, etc. on here. I think the computer device they carry can handle 440,000 drills, patterns, safeties, etc. so it will be a long time.
While this Projected Image is a very nice tool to help visualize shots, the real future is in "Augmented Reality".
Either projected onto the table surface or thru a pair of AR glasses.
This a blend of Actual Reality and Virtual Reality aided by computer programming.

A blending of the two would be awesome!

View this video.
BTW - This was done years ago and has been advanced.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLCVVVAA1vw

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very cool. Looks very expensive also.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

I have a 9' table and I have to have a ViewSonic projector 5555. I think it was $429, $39 for the ceiling extension and the package was $279 from Projection Pro. It's a little expensive but I think all instructors will be putting their drills, patterns, ect, etc. on here in the future. My instructor will be putting his things on here in the very near future. Some for the public to view as they purchase the computer and some (most all) for his students.
I've been doing drills after one another but have attempted patterns but always have never attempted them because of the set up time. NOW, patterns is what I'm working on. This computer comes with 2 ball set ups all the way to 10 ball set ups. If you want to reverse it or interlope it, just push a button and back it comes.
I think it's the future and lots of folks that have tables and want to learn in their homes will be getting one of these.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did Mosconi/Lassiter/Hall/Reyes et al. ever learn without this? Just my $.02 here but the last thing i need is a hi-tech practice partner. Whatever floats-ur-boat i guess.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
How did Mosconi/Lassiter/Hall/Reyes et al. ever learn without this? Just my $.02 here but the last thing i need is a hi-tech practice partner. Whatever floats-ur-boat i guess.

Yes, and you are probably an accomplished player by now. You probably don't take lessons but I do. I can't play golf or tennis anymore, so pool is my game and I'm trying to get as good as I can at it. This device sets it all up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, and you are probably an accomplished player by now. You probably don't take lessons but I do. I can't play golf or tennis anymore, so pool is my game and I'm trying to get as good as I can at it. This device sets it all up.
A healthy dose of playing people you can't currently beat is highly recommended as well. All the drills in the world(hi or lo tech) will not prepare you for what you'll need when someone is smoking you. I wish you well in your pursuit.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Where do I do "play" these "people" I can't currently beat!

Imagine a True Pool Hall. Maybe you frequent one.
In walks a person who only plays at a Level 1 or "D".
Noob, but knows and respects Pool Room Etiquette and the Basic Rules. Learned at the Boys Club.
He practices shooting straight shots only at a table way far off from everyone else.

Do YOU welcome him and offer to play a game?
or
Do you scoff at his awkwardness, scarecrow stance and swooping stroke?

How does he approach "Those Real Players" and ask for a game & suggestions to help him improve?

A healthy dose of playing people you can't currently beat is highly recommended as well. All the drills in the world(hi or lo tech) will not prepare you for what you'll need when someone is smoking you. I wish you well in your pursuit.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do I do "play" these "people" I can't currently beat!

Imagine a True Pool Hall. Maybe you frequent one.
In walks a person who only plays at a Level 1 or "D".
Noob, but knows and respects Pool Room Etiquette and the Basic Rules. Learned at the Boys Club.
He practices shooting straight shots only at a table way far off from everyone else.

Do YOU welcome him and offer to play a game?
or
Do you scoff at his awkwardness, scarecrow stance and swooping stroke?

How does he approach "Those Real Players" and ask for a game & suggestions to help him improve?
You the "noob"? I used to try to get some weight and try not to donate too much to my opponents pocket. Don't have to bet high but enough that losing it stings a little. Its not rocket science and there is no one formula. You have to plot your own course. I was never afraid to approach better players and at one time Tulsa was full of guys that were above me on the pecking order. Hell, still are for that matter.

JC

Coos Cues

Don't listen to the haters Den, that thing is bad ass with a capital B! Once you get to September you appreciate anything that maximizes what moments of your life remain.

I got scoffed at by many I could already defeat just for taking lessons. Waste of __________ (Fill in the blank)

I can beat those same people even easier than before now and many who I couldn't.

Now I have to get up there and see you just to inspect your gadget! :)

JC

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't listen to the haters Den, that thing is bad ass with a capital B! Once you get to September you appreciate anything that maximizes what moments of your life remain.

I got scoffed at by many I could already defeat just for taking lessons. Waste of __________ (Fill in the blank)

I can beat those same people even easier than before now and many who I couldn't.

JC
Hate is a pretty strong word there, bud. I don't hate him or his gadget. I gave an opinion, nothing more/nothing less. If it works for him, great. I personally have zero interest in that learning method. Personal, face-2-face lessons are a whole different matter. Here's a few i've had help me: Buddy, D. Matlock, Dick Lane, Gabe O., John Gabriel just to name a few. I'm old-school, lo-tech and gadget(and hate)free.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, if you have a projector already (they recommend a specific model) it's I believe $250.

The projector is around $750 to $1k so yeah kinda pricey.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 9' table and I have to have a ViewSonic projector 5555. I think it was $429, $39 for the ceiling extension and the package was $279 from Projection Pro. It's a little expensive but I think all instructors will be putting their drills, patterns, ect, etc. on here in the future. My instructor will be putting his things on here in the very near future. Some for the public to view as they purchase the computer and some (most all) for his students.
I've been doing drills after one another but have attempted patterns but always have never attempted them because of the set up time. NOW, patterns is what I'm working on. This computer comes with 2 ball set ups all the way to 10 ball set ups. If you want to reverse it or interlope it, just push a button and back it comes.
I think it's the future and lots of folks that have tables and want to learn in their homes will be getting one of these.
not gonna lie this is much cheaper than I expected

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, if you have a projector already (they recommend a specific model) it's I believe $250.

The projector is around $750 to $1k so yeah kinda pricey.

I think I have the most expensive projector and it's about $429. I have a 10' ceiling and a 9' table so I think my ViewSonic 5555 would do the 9' and 10' with 8'-12' ceilings. 7' and 8' tables would require less projectors in the $300 range.

JC

Coos Cues
Hate is a pretty strong word there, bud. I don't hate him or his gadget. I gave an opinion, nothing more/nothing less. If it works for him, great. I personally have zero interest in that learning method. Personal, face-2-face lessons are a whole different matter. Here's a few i've had help me: Buddy, D. Matlock, Dick Lane, Gabe O., John Gabriel just to name a few. I'm old-school, lo-tech and gadget(and hate)free.

Hater is a slang that has nothing to do with actual hate. Chill baby!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

JC

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denwhit, thanks for the review. I saw this a few weeks ago and am very interested for my home table. You are the first person here who bought one, I do believe.

Their website says you can add picture from paper drill books you already own. Have you tried to do that?

Also, if you take a screen shot of a pro match, in order to duplicate the table ss you can practice the routes the pro's took, can it do that automatically? Or do you have to "manually program" where each ball goes. Does it also know the colors of the balls from a picture, so when it places the layout on the table, the ball numbers are correct?

Thank you.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Denwhit, thanks for the review. I saw this a few weeks ago and am very interested for my home table. You are the first person here who bought one, I do believe.

Their website says you can add picture from paper drill books you already own. Have you tried to do that?

Also, if you take a screen shot of a pro match, in order to duplicate the table ss you can practice the routes the pro's took, can it do that automatically? Or do you have to "manually program" where each ball goes. Does it also know the colors of the balls from a picture, so when it places the layout on the table, the ball numbers are correct?

Thank you.

You are asking questions that I don't know right now. My teacher/instructor has one of these (about two weeks ago) and he asked his students that own their own tables to buy one. He is on file for the programmers to do some of their work as I think they are interested in the computer programming but he is interested in that and pool. I know they are about to redo a complete #2 workup of their setup and that will be out in the next week or so so we will all get that on line. The ball numbers come with numbers and the figures that you can duplicate come with PDF's or PND's and I'm not sure how to use them yet. It is so amazing, that I'm just getting familiar with it now.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

JC

You're welcome to come! I understand what the guy is saying but I'm not going out at night and have a couple of guys that come over and play here.