Mosconi Cup vs Ryder Cup

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the Ryder Cup coming this week I could not help but think WHAT IF. What if the governing body of the Ryder Cup made the decision that they would dictate the team.

For example the governing body of the Ryder Cup decided that the USA would select the very best it's country had to offer. Those that had and were playing the best up to the three weeks prior.(2014 European Mosconi Cup Selection process ) Europe's veterans were not allowed to be choosen or welcomed on the team. They were replaced with upstarts who don't get me wrong were very good players in their own right.
It smacks of collusion and manipulation by those in charge.
This is what is happening this year !!!!

Europe is allowed to bring it very best and any and all veterans with the best at present,one spot being filled shortly by play over the next few weeks.

Just this week at Turning Stone the play of Rodney Morris , Earl Strickland , Johnny Archer, Mike Dechaine and others seem to make one wonder who is really in charge ? Who have the powers to excluded from possible consideration our very best experienced players. FOOD FOR THOUGHT

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet if members of the previous Ryder Cup conducted themselves like several did from the Mosconi Cup, they would be excluded as well.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet if members of the previous Ryder Cup conducted themselves like several did from the Mosconi Cup, they would be excluded as well.
From the cup and possibly the tour ,, no way the PGA would stand behavior that some of the pool players have displayed

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but Earl has done that all his career . Why stop him now
How about the rest of them. Tiger Woods has said on
Camera numerous times f bombs and worse he still
Plays on Ryder Cup When not hurt. All the team did not behave
That way. Point still stands

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can understand why Earl wouldn't be allowed to compete. He can go from being my favorite player to watch to my least favorite player to watch all in the same rack because of his poor sportsmanship. I don't understand why anyone else would be excluded from being on the team however. Maybe there something that I'm missing.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thought.

Golf and pool have a lot of similarities, but pool does not have a "tour".

With that being said, sportsmanship is a quality that comes into play, for example Bubba Watson and Earl Strickland. Both are amazing talents, and they both have a BS attitude when play isn't going their way, they act like jerks.

Each have achieved great wins. Both could be a good team mate. But, IF I WERE CAPITAN, I would take into consideration the players sportsmanship, along with their current playing accomplishments when choosing a team.

A "jackass" attitude can affect the other teammates. If one of my players is acting poorly, they'd be sitting. Other players "feed" off of the momentum of their team mates. Good or bad.

If a player can grind all the way and give it their best, and take a defeat (not that the USA team would lose), that is the player I want on my team.

Never give up. Always expect to win. Believe in your ability. Be thankful for being in the position to represent your country. Be grateful to your team capitan. Thank God for the opportunity to have the ability to play the game you love.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but Earl has done that all his career . Why stop him now
How about the rest of them. Tiger Woods has said on
Camera numerous times f bombs and worse he still
Plays on Ryder Cup When not hurt. All the team did not behave
That way. Point still stands

He doesn't attack other players or officials ,,and had he not be injured the yr of his mishaps it's doubtful he would have played ,, Mo Norman one of the greatest talented golfers of all time was excluded from countless PGA tour events ,,

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Never forget the golden rule: he who has the gold rules.

I think Matchroom made the right decision. Last year was a train wreck that people who disagree with Mark Wilson's plan choose to ignore. I'm not saying this year's team will doany better, but the OP is just asking for more of the same mess from last year.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet Earl is being allowed to compete in "The World Cup of Pool" which is also a Matchroom run event. So all this talk about
why players are excluded from the cup because of the way they acted on TV last year goes right out the window, SORRY.

On the other hand Mark Wilson was selected as the captain of this years team (and probably more years to come). That being
said let him do his thing and stop second guessing him at every turn. It is probable that they will do better this year, in fact, than last.
So if they only win four points yes that's better, is it something to write home about no. Let's at least show our support for them,
to help give them a chance. It's an up hill battle at best, so lets get behind Mark and the team.

Everybody b1tching (you can say the word b1tch on prime time TV but, it's censored on AZ. What a joke !) about the situation isn't
going to change anything, the only thing it can do is make things worse. So take your pick which side do you want to be on, the positive
side showing some support for the U.S. Team, or maybe you want to be on the negative side. Remember being on the negative side is in
reality supporting the Euro Team.

Hopefully it's not more important to you to be able to be the first to say I told you so (if this years team doesn't do well) than it is to
show some support. It's your choice which person do you want to be ???

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet Earl is being allowed to compete in "The World Cup of Pool" which is also a Matchroom run event. So all this talk about
why players are excluded from the cup because of the way they acted on TV last year goes right out the window, SORRY.

On the other hand Mark Wilson was selected as the captain of this years team (and probably more years to come). That being
said let him do his thing and stop second guessing him at every turn. It is probable that they will do better this year, in fact.
So if they only win four points yes that's better, is it something to write home about no. Let's at least show our support for them,
to help give them a chance. It's an up hill battle at best, so lets get behind Mark and the team.

Everybody b1tching (you can say the word b1tch on prime time TV but, it's censored on AZ. What a joke !) about the situation isn't
going to change anything, the only thing it can do is make things worse. So take your pick which side do you want to be on, the positive
side showing some support for the U.S. Team, or maybe you want to be on the negative side. Remember being on the negative side is in
reality supporting the Euro Team.

Hopefully it's not more important to you to be able to be the first to say I told you so (if this years team doesn't do well) than it is to
show some support. It's your choice which person do you want to be ???

Agree
For sure any team Mark Wilson puts out can get more than 2 points after last years thrashing 11-2 , the 2nd worst in MC history
The old dogs like Earl may or may not be excluded because of poor sportsmanship etc
But how does Mark Wilson justify keeping same badly beaten team from last year ?He cannot but is why he goes for new blood

Last edited: