New Forum Style : some info

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
Today, the team at AZBilliards.com unveiled the latest version of the Website. Together with that, we blended in the Forums. We set by default the new "AZB v4" look so you could navigate better within both the site and the forums.

As opposed to the Website, on which work started in 2010 and that we were able to hide from you for so long :grin:, it was impossible for us to work on the Forums without testing live, hence breaking a lot of things in the process.

This new style is not finished, it is something we have worked on for a limited period of time only, and it will grow thanks to your feedback and our fixes.

We are going to change some things this week (yes, already). Please stick with us, help us improve your user experience. This is your community.

Of course if you want to revert to the old look and feel 'Tech Two', or even the default VBulletin skin, you can do so by choosing a style from the menu at the lower left of the screen.

Thanks for helping us making your forums better.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today, the team at AZBilliards.com unveiled the latest version of the Website. Together with that, we blended in the Forums. We set by default the new "AZB v4" look so you could navigate better within both the site and the forums.

As opposed to the Website, on which work started in 2010 and that we were able to hide from you for so long :grin:, it was impossible for us to work on the Forums without testing live, hence breaking a lot of things in the process.

This new style is not finished, it is something we have worked on for a limited period of time only, and it will grow thanks to your feedback and our fixes.

We are going to change some things this week (yes, already). Please stick with us, help us improve your user experience. This is your community.

Of course if you want to revert to the old look and feel 'Tech Two', or even the default VBulletin skin, you can do so by choosing a style from the menu at the lower left of the screen.

Thanks for helping us making your forums better.

Oui, oui! This forum is for me! ;)

I would like to see Mr. Wilson's name included in the accolades on the link where it says "Other Contributors and Team Members," please.

He puts up with a lot of bunk on this forum, and he does his very best to keep things sane as moderator. :p

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance and attention to this matter.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Request please

I know your very busy, this isnt important, it would just be a luxury. I dont think it would be much work, however its not important like bug fixes.

On the side bar of the box i'm typing into is he little smiles, emotion cons its a grid of 3X5 with a [More] under them, can that grid size be expanded? please when you have time.

thanks,

eric<------Memebership status in limbo....:rolleyes:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm silver and gold but not blue. :p

i cant stand it:eek::grin::smile:

hope your well, wow the board is so much better, I had a feeling something was going on, because there were no changes for so long and that isnt typical of Mike & Co. Whats so strong is how good its working, they tested the heck out of the software-hard to do a soft launch with this many users. Thats what to so long, and I can see the horizon things will keep improving, now that the big launch is successful(from my vantage point), i dont understand the people who dont like it, :confused::confused:

I just need to get my status upgraded, i'm working on that now. until then i'll just keep making quality posts,

best eric:)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i cant stand it:eek::grin::smile:

hope your well, wow the board is so much better, I had a feeling something was going on, because there were no changes for so long and that isnt typical of Mike & Co. Whats so strong is how good its working, they tested the heck out of the software-hard to do a soft launch with this many users. Thats what to so long, and I can see the horizon things will keep improving, now that the big launch is successful(from my vantage point), i dont understand the people who dont like it, :confused::confused:

I just need to get my status upgraded, i'm working on that now. until then i'll just keep making quality posts,

best eric:)

I'm going to see if I can get a big avatar with my goldness. :tongue:

Stand by. :grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to see if I can get a big avatar with my goldness. :tongue:

Stand by. :grin-square:

Hee-hee. Look at meeeeeeeee! :cool:

Now where's my vCash, dag nab it!

I've been on the shortskies for a year now. Ship it! ;)

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zowie!

The new home page is an eye opener for sure. The first thing I checked out was Shane V Dennis playing bar box nine ball. Thanks for that. I look forward to perusing your new work. Sure am glad somebody hipped me to AZB. Thank you to the people who make it happen.
Keep it nice. Alfie.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the new search right on the thread, maybe it's always been there and I just found it. But I love it.
Hugs and good luck with the changes.
Some of us love changes to find all the new goodies, and some hate any change.
is there a check spelling now?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the big avatars. Cool!

Oh, you're still silver? Poor fellow. :grin-square:

there is a charity fund raiser for me going on now, pretty cool huh? How is it in the VIP lounge?:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is a charity fund raiser for me going on now, pretty cool huh? How is it in the VIP lounge?:thumbup:

I ain't going to the VIP Lounge. They serve alcohol and have strippers. Can you believe that?! :angry:

I'm going to the VIP Starbucks where they have unlimited free cappies! :)

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What am I doing wrong - when I sign in (and there are two places to sign in on the forum page and I have tried both), my format reverts back to the old skin.

On the bottom of the page, I am on AZBilliards VB 3 Style

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What am I doing wrong - when I sign in (and there are two places to sign in on the forum page and I have tried both), my format reverts back to the old skin.

On the bottom of the page, I am on AZBilliards VB 3 Style

Go to Tech Two and then back to AzB V4. You will be okay after that.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Forum looks nice but I wonder if you could add the navigational links as they were in the other style? You have them now at the top only. I use them most often when I've read to the bottom of a particular page.