OB Plus Shafts...

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. Higher grade of maple huh...so the $200+ shaft I have has cheap sub-par maple used....not sure how I feel about that.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. Higher grade of maple huh...so the $200+ shaft I have has cheap sub-par maple used....not sure how I feel about that.

Your logic has failed you here. The quality of the new shafts has zero bearing on the quality of the current shafts. One of the cool things about human endeavors is that no matter how good we get at something, we can always do better. Doing better does not make how we did it before any worse. Hopefully you recognize this logical fallacy.

KMRUNOUT

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The ob+ shafts are the next evolution of shafts made by the most cutting edge cue company we have today.

They arguable had the best shafts on the market but instead of sticking to the status quo they listened to the players who felt that the laminate LD shafts left a lot to be desired as far as feel went and they found a way to add that feel back AND continue to reduce front end mass...

My understanding is that the new maple + shafts actually will have several changes along with the maple that will give you feel and LD properties beyond where they have been before... This also from a company that has the BEST reputation for customer service as a production cue maker in the industry...

All I can say is wow... They keep swinging for the fences... and connecting... The OB lift was just released... The + shafts will be hitting the bricks soon and the new OB Break cues are marching on.....

All of it made in Texas.... I just hope Washington doesn't find out we still have a world class manufacturer surviving here in the states LOL....

Chris

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your logic has failed you here. The quality of the new shafts has zero bearing on the quality of the current shafts. One of the cool things about human endeavors is that no matter how good we get at something, we can always do better. Doing better does not make how we did it before any worse. Hopefully you recognize this logical fallacy.

KMRUNOUT

I was being facetious.

The shaft does look good in the picture, does make me wonder why such a grade of maple hasn't been used before now and if this upgrade will have an effect on pricing. Is this another tier of OB shafts or are these replacing the existing models?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I was being facetious.

The shaft does look good in the picture, does make me wonder why such a grade of maple hasn't been used before now and if this upgrade will have an effect on pricing. Is this another tier of OB shafts or are these replacing the existing models?

They will be replacing the current OB models... Only so much room for production on the line.... I am an OB pro convert.. In it's current design.... I'll be ordering several shafts prior to the switch over just because I normally stick with what I like and getting the old shafts will be like finding original 12 piece 314s....

Actually strike that... I will be on the list to get one of the first new Pros in maple... If it's a huge change over THEN I'll buy all of the existing Pros I can find.......

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so the revamped line is now just 2 shafts yes? a pro taper and a skinnier conical?

also, OB really needs to post data that supports their deflection claims

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone seen any info on these beyond that on Facebook? It would be good to see one of OBs cross-sections showing the construction.

Thanks, Mark

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From OB:

'$199.75 is what you can usually buy our shafts online for as we allow our dealers to advertise a price that is 15% off the MSRP ($235-15%=$199.75). So the new shafts will be listed online for $219.30 which is 15% off the new $258 MSRP.'

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a 10% price increase, that seems fairly reasonable considering OB shafts have been at the same $200 price point for quite a while now.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KMRUNOUT

Greenies to you!

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone seen any info on these beyond that on Facebook? It would be good to see one of OBs cross-sections showing the construction.

Thanks, Mark

It sounds like they are keeping the SR6 construction, just using 6 solid maple shafts instead of six flat laminated shafts. It should look more like their logo without all the lines.

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like they are keeping the SR6 construction, just using 6 solid maple shafts instead of six flat laminated shafts. It should look more like their logo without all the lines.

Thanks. Sign me up for one, sounds exciting!!

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
so the revamped line is now just 2 shafts yes? a pro taper and a skinnier conical?

also, OB really needs to post data that supports their deflection claims

smashmouth,

Our current line of shafts is:
OB-1, OB-2, OB Classic, OB Pro.

These are being replaced with:
OB-1+, OB-2+, OB Classic+, OB Pro+

'Plus', we will be adding:
OBXL+ and OB XL Classic+ (13.25mm shafts)

We do have data on our shafts and our competitors. We are most likely going to make this data available to the general public in the near future. I am curious if you are aware of any company that posts data that supports their deflection claims? Can you direct me to said results?

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
The ob+ shafts are the next evolution of shafts made by the most cutting edge cue company we have today.

They arguable had the best shafts on the market but instead of sticking to the status quo they listened to the players who felt that the laminate LD shafts left a lot to be desired as far as feel went and they found a way to add that feel back AND continue to reduce front end mass...

My understanding is that the new maple + shafts actually will have several changes along with the maple that will give you feel and LD properties beyond where they have been before... This also from a company that has the BEST reputation for customer service as a production cue maker in the industry...

All I can say is wow... They keep swinging for the fences... and connecting... The OB lift was just released... The + shafts will be hitting the bricks soon and the new OB Break cues are marching on.....

All of it made in Texas.... I just hope Washington doesn't find out we still have a world class manufacturer surviving here in the states LOL....

Chris

Thanks for the kind words Chris. That means a lot.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was being facetious.

Where did you see pictures? I'm interested. I would imagine that regular maple (rather than laminate) presents the need for a higher grade of maple to work well. It appears the cost is about $30 more. (On their site the list prices are $265).

I really want to try it now!!

KMRUNOUT

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the link in the original post shows the shafts...they definitely look nicer.