super aramith and delta 13

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Just got the delta 13 elite rack went with the leather inserts because they kill the noise not for looks cause I think it makes the rack much more ugly
In midnight blue

works great no more struggling getting a tight rack

got a new set of super aramith pro the day I had my simonis (tournament blue) installed on my table less than 2 weeks ago

Cue ball as well as others showing alot of impact marks already
is this normal?

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like dings/scratches in the balls? I haven't seen that in mine. I padded the metal edges of my ball return box with foam weatherstripping just to prevent dings and to control noise there.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Like dings/scratches in the balls? I haven't seen that in mine. I padded the metal edges of my ball return box with foam weatherstripping just to prevent dings and to control noise there.

Ya dings small ones and I notice small SHINEY specks in the cloth now

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
The shiny spots on the cloth are due to cloth burn that results from jumping, ball hop when breaking and hitting the CB extremely hard causing excessive spin the same as doing a burn out in a car. Could also be from throwing the balls on the tavle when racking. Another is don't hold the balls tight in the rack when sliding them up to the spot, hold them loosely and let them roll then squeeze them tight. If you keep sliding them they will wear channels in the cloth and you will get enough of that from breaking.

Nicks in your balls could be the result of the balls hitting the staples, nails or whatever was used to hold the pockets or cloth in place, or if you have drop leather pockets it could be a rivet. That is what I found on my table.

Using a phenolic tip for breaking can cause scuff or scratches on the CB that could transfer to the OB

Balls hitting each other shouldn't cause impact marks. If you are hating the balls directly with the cue the chalk acts as a abrasive. After each rack or scratch you should wipe the chalk off of the CB to nelp eliminated the marks. If the mark is too bad use a cleaner on it. Balls should also be cleaned accordion to use.

🎱

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
not shiney spots
shiney gloss particles of something that I can only guess would be the balls micro shattering
I can move them with my fingers

but I do have a few burn spots

Kfthepooldoctor

I have had my delta 13 for over a year w/o inserts and my aramith tourneys for at least 8 years and don't have any issues could it be possible your set could have a defect

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Are these knicks? Do the pockets have brads showing? TheBOOK explained it pretty well. I killed a set of Aramith due to brads in the pockets.

could have been the pocket screws, one would always fall out, but ive long since sold the table and everything with it, moved on to carom billiards, my new obsession