Best Place To Buy A Schon?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the best place to buy a Schon cue? Specifically the STL-8. I haven't been on here much the last six months so I am not sure where the best place for cues is nowadays.

r/DCP

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the best place to buy a Schon cue? Specifically the STL-8. I haven't been on here much the last six months so I am not sure where the best place for cues is nowadays.

r/DCP
I guess my post from last night got whacked. Seyberts, BW and Manning all sell that model for $693. Pretty good price. You can get a stl-5 for around 620 or a stl-6 for about 650. Seyberts also uses Affirm if you want to finance it. I did that with a shaft and its a good outfit. HTH.

TILT9

Banned

r/DCP
seyberts.com , billiardwarehouse.com , pooldawg.com ,
I believe those are the top 3 billiard agents.
(I could be wrong).
these fella's guarantee their supply's.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Hell is the best place to buy a schon, caise that will cool ur surroundings, that cue(schon) is so shitty it wont even burn.
Jason<---'going to hell and taking a whole case of Schons for air conditioning

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell is the best place to buy a schon, caise that will cool ur surroundings, that cue(schon) is so shitty it wont even burn.
Huh????????????

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not sure what this is about because for about 20 years I have heard how great Schon cues are. Some top pros play with a Schon cue.

r/DCP

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what this is about because for about 20 years I have heard how great Schon cues are. Some top pros play with a Schon cue.

r/DCP
They make good cues. I have seen in the last few years a minor finish issue(buttcap not dead-flush w/sleeve) but playability has pretty much not changed at all. I personally think that Mezz makes the highest quality production cue but i'd still rather buy a U.S.-built product if at all possible.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've never liked the Schon cues made with faux ivory inlays.
I'm not a big ivory fan, but when it comes to Schons I want the real ones, or the plain janes.
I don't like the fact that I'm seeing distributors make reference to Ivory inlays when I know they are using micarta.

I love old Schon cues, not necessarily the Runde models, even the 1993 cues, however I'm not comfortable with the new ones.
Also the older Schon shaftwood is tighter grain than the new stuff.

As far as the best place to buy a Schon, I would recommend the secondary market because the new ones are too expensive.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
I'm not a big ivory fan, but when it comes to Schons I want the real ones, or the plain janes.
I don't like the fact that I'm seeing distributors make reference to Ivory inlays when I know they are using micarta.

I love old Schon cues, not necessarily the Runde models, even the 1993 cues, however I'm not comfortable with the new ones.

As far as the best place to buy a Schon, I would recommend the secondary market because the new ones are too expensive.

good post.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seyberts.com , billiardwarehouse.com , pooldawg.com ,
I believe those are the top 3 billiard agents.
(I could be wrong).
these fella's guarantee their supply's.
Or maybe you can drive up to Milwaukee and get one right out of the shop.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I guess my post from last night got whacked. Seyberts, BW and Manning all sell that model for $693. Pretty good price. You can get a stl-5 for around 620 or a stl-6 for about 650. Seyberts also uses Affirm if you want to finance it. I did that with a shaft and its a good outfit. HTH.

That Affirm is a great way to buy if you don't have all the funds. Did it with both my Revo's & paid them both off in advance but there deal was ideal.

Did the older Schon cues not have real Ivory inlays in them? Was it Micarta (in the older Schon cues, before Ivory got banned)? I always thought they put real Ivory in their cues.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Did the older Schon cues not have real Ivory inlays in them? Was it Micarta (in the older Schon cues, before Ivory got banned)? I always thought they put real Ivory in their cues.

Many of the older cues were ivory except the CX models.
I don't know if they used the fake stuff on other models prior to the ivory ban, but some of the new cues are being described to have ivory inlays, when I'm sure the inlays are micarta.
Schon isn't saying Ivory, it's the distributors that apparently don't know better.

I got a STL-18 in a trade, was told it was ivory but Schons description says micarta.
The cue was around before the ivory ban.
Anyway I sold the cue, but looking back, I'm not sure what it was because it was older and not a CX model.

The older Schon cues with ivory remind me of higher quality customs, while the new ones have more of a production feel to them.
That is 100 percent my opinion, but I've bought or traded for 3 older Schons this year, 20+ over the years, and they are consistently terrific cues.

Since the STL-18 ordeal I've purchased a jewlers loupe with UV light, so next time I can be sure it's ivory.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts is out of stock on the STL-8.

Might have to go somewhere's else. They have their own special tip, anybody have any thoughts on the Schon tip? soft? medium? Thought I would try it once before I switch to either a pressed elkmaster or the Everest.

r/DCP