Precision Potting manual - Free of Charge

precisepotting

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear members of AZbilliards,

I have decided to give away my Precision Potting Manual free to all members here.

This method is useful for players using the normal shaft and not so for those using LD shaft.

Is it useful? It teaches you how to aim when playing english and it will definitely increase your potting percentage by quite a fair bit. Inevitably, it increases your confidence when playing against tough opponents as you are making most shots count.

Just pm me here or you can email to me at precisionpotting@gmail.com. Email is preferred.

Best wishes in pooling.

Ignatius

precisepotting

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since my posting here, I have given out more than 20 manuals. If you so wish to get one, please email to me. I hope you will acknowledge in this thread that you have received it otherwise there will always be naysayers that says I am a conman.

This manual is for those using normal cue. So if you are using LD shaft, this manual will not be applicable to you. The aiming off for LD shaft is always very slight and with a parallet shift of the cue.

For those using normal shaft, you have an option of parallel shift or pivot when you intend to do sidespin.

If it is parallel shift, then you know which side you need to compensate. As it is a normal cue, the deflection is quite significant (that is why it is not called Low Deflection shaft) and hence the compensation needed is also quite significant.

If it is pivoting using BHE, which side should you compensate. If you intend to play a right sidespin, do you compensate by aiming to the left or right of the contact point and by how much? What happen if you intend to play an extreme spin instead of a touch of english? How much do you need to compensate and why? All these are explained in the manual. In other words, Precision Potting uses BHE and not parallel shift when playing sidespin.

Just out of curiosity (this question is aimed at amateurs), which side do you compensate when you intend to do a high right english? Do you compensate by aiming to the right of the contact point on the object ball or to the left?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I look at the line between the ob and the pocket.
Then i look at the imaginary tangent line.
Then i find where i land the cue ball and how to get there( usually figured out before I made the last ball)
Then i step in and shoot.
The english, aim spot, deflection, bhe, etc. My brain figures out for me, i dont consider it.
Pause, feather,pause. Stroke

precisepotting

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi couldnthinkof01,

From your description, you must be using a LD shaft with parallel shift. For pivot using BHE, one of the factor affecting the swerve is the slickness of the table. You can't just aimed intuitively and make a high percentage pot with sidespin. That is my thought. Maybe I am wrong here.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Dear members of AZbilliards,

I have decided to give away my Precision Potting Manual free to all members here.

This method is useful for players using the normal shaft and not so for those using LD shaft.

Is it useful? It teaches you how to aim when playing english and it will definitely increase your potting percentage by quite a fair bit. Inevitably, it increases your confidence when playing against tough opponents as you are making most shots count.

Just pm me here or you can email to me at precisionpotting@gmail.com. Email is preferred.

Best wishes in pooling.
Ignatius

I just received the Precision Potting Manual. I haven't taken the manual info to the table yet, but looks good from what I've read so far.
Ignatius has put a lot of work into this manual. The manual is in PDF form and is 28 pages. Just send your email address to download.

Any info you may pick up in a free manual... is priceless :smile:

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Big Thank You!!!

Hello Ignatius...

I wanted to say Thank You!! for the Free Book... it will help a lot... I have a few nephews who are just starting out & are looking for anything pertaining to pool...
They will be contacting you soon to get their copies.... :) Hats off to you for giving
out these books for Free... any help is always appreciated... I suggest if anyone who isn't to the level of play they are aiming for to contact you & get the FREE Book you offer...

You seem like the kind of person who is wanting to help those who play the game & that is great... I will study the book myself & am sure I will learn something NEW... I always do... lol

Thanks again...
shasta777

TurboDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your manual is "free", why not post it up in pdf form so it can be downloaded?

Make it available so it can be utilized by all.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your manual is "free", why not post it up in pdf form so it can be downloaded?

Make it available so it can be utilized by all.

I agree. There are way too many people offering "free stuff", but they REQUIRE your e-mail. That is how about 95%, or more, of spam mails get started and your address gets out to the entire scam world.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the manual! I haven't gotten a chance to look at it in depth but at first glance there is some great info there. I will post a review when I get a better chance to look it over.

precisepotting

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To all who might be asking for the manual, please note that I stay on the opposite side of the globe hence your day time is my night time. As such, I might not be able to send the manual to you in a matter of hours. If you do not receive it in two days, do write to me to highlight that you have not received and I will act on it soonest.

Best regards.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received The Precision Potting Manual in my email this morning. Twenty eight pages of information that is very interesting.

This is one heck of a very well prepared text. The information presented goes waaay beyond the subject as presented on Dr. Dave's website.

It's free. If your concerned about your email getting out all over the globe. Create a new email address in Google just for the purpose of receiving the manual (PDF format) and then don't ever use that email again.

Have fun out there. :)
John

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not just setup a Google Drive link and just post the download location that way? Seems easier than trying to reply to every email to give them a download location.

nginear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my copy and haven't had time to check it out yet. Will do so soon and am looking forward to it.

Thanks Ignatius!

precisepotting

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who are going to email to me, do note that I try to consolidate a few requests before I send it out in a batch.

As such, you might have to wait a bit for the manual.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello I have received a FREE digital copy of Precision Potting. While it is only 28 pages long for a book it seems short. The content of the book is extremely detailed. You can tell there was a lot of time and effort put into creating this material. It is pretty technical and while it may help any player to improve I believe it will help the players that are more advanced more than a beginner. In the beginning it speaks of BHE and gives a definition that was not very clear to me. I had to go online and look up more information about what it is and how to find the pivot point on my cue. This had to be done prior to me continuing through the information as without a good understanding of BHE and how to use and identify it the material seemed to be beyond me. Once I knew a bit about it and how to apply it the material seems very valuable and worthwhile for any player. I would suggest that if you want to improve your game you should read through the material and try and get clear understanding of it while practicing what Ignatius is explaining.

Thank you for the valuable information your hard work and research shines brightly in this product.