Billy Thorpe?

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching world pools series from Steinway Billiards and it looked like Billy was using a different Q besides his Brett Summers cue, does anyone know what it was.

I thought it looked a lot like Skylar Woodward's old Pat diviney cue. But I couldn't see it very well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching world pools series from Steinway Billiards and it looked like Billy was using a different Q besides his Brett Summers cue, does anyone know what it was.

I thought it looked a lot like Skylar Woodward's old Pat diviney cue. But I couldn't see it very well.
Billy signed on with Molinari(Predator).

Sorry for going off topic, but since the question has been answered, I just wanted to say that I always wondered what happened to Skylers old Pat Diveney cue. I wonder if he still has it. He played with that cue for a long time. I am sure he loved it a lot. Unbelievable that he would ever stop playing with that Diveney. It was super nice.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for going off topic, but since the question has been answered, I just wanted to say that I always wondered what happened to Skylers old Pat Diveney cue. I wonder if he still has it. He played with that cue for a long time. I am sure he loved it a lot. Unbelievable that he would ever stop playing with that Diveney. It was super nice.
Sky still has the Diveney cue.

But in case you haven't noticed he plays pretty sporty with his Muecci now lol

Attachments

• jpp_wps2017_S3_pr_day4_05.jpg
    jpp_wps2017_S3_pr_day4_05.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 2,357

Thanks for your reply. That is cool that he still has the Diveney. I think that is a beautiful Meucci that he has in that pic you posted. Love the looks of it. I still can't imagine that any Meucci (or any other cue out there) would hit as sweet as that Diveney. I only say this because I have hit with a few Diveney cues in the past, and they felt and hit amazing to me. I know that Meucci makes a great hitting cue though. I do not even know about his new stuff (never had the chance to try one out). I am sure they are great though. I hear that Orcollo loves his new Meucci.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply. That is cool that he still has the Diveney. I think that is a beautiful Meucci that he has in that pic you posted. Love the looks of it. I still can't imagine that any Meucci (or any other cue out there) would hit as sweet as that Diveney. I only say this because I have hit with a few Diveney cues in the past, and they felt and hit amazing to me. I know that Meucci makes a great hitting cue though. I do not even know about his new stuff (never had the chance to try one out). I am sure they are great though. I hear that Orcollo loves his new Meucci.

Money Money Money!

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It looks like he isn't playing with the original shaft for a Muecci cue since the shaft collar doesn't match butt ringwork. I don't consider that playing with a Muecci cue and I wouldn't be happy if I were Muecci!

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like he isn't playing with the original shaft for a Muecci cue since the shaft collar doesn't match butt ringwork. I don't consider that playing with a Muecci cue and I wouldn't be happy if I were Muecci!

It is pretty commonplace for sponored pros to use non-sponsor branded items...but no free advertising.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How do you know it isn't a Meucci Pro shaft with a simple black collar.

I have one that looks just like that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know it isn't a Meucci Pro shaft with a simple black collar.

I have one that looks just like that.
His other Meucci had plain black collars. He hasn't used this cue very long so its pretty likely he's using the older shaft.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I asked Brian (Skyler's dad) about that cue over a year ago and he assured me it was at his house. Tommy D.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His other Meucci had plain black collars. He hasn't used this cue very long so its pretty likely he's using the older shaft.
Bingo!!

If you notice SVB uses his older shaft from his old Cuetec that's why the collar bands don't match same deal here.

Sky got a new cue made but really liked the way his old shaft played.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could swear that this thread was about Billy Thorpe.......
Anyway, Billy just started using a REVO and apparently loves it

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could swear that this thread was about Billy Thorpe.......
Anyway, Billy just started using a REVO and apparently loves it
Congrats to Billy Thorpe the kid is a amazing young talent and might just be the best bank pool player on the planet especially playing by the rail.

I think we can all look forward to seeing Billy play for many years to come the kid plays all games jam up on all tables.

Capture.PNG

20229235_10155571157838156_2603997914030728831_n.jpg