chipped slate

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are some of the better or best material/method to repair slate when there are chipped pieces? These places tend to be close to where the rails are.

thanks

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are some of the better or best material/method to repair slate when there are chipped pieces? These places tend to be close to where the rails are.

thanks

I would say Bondo, But RKC will chime in and Correct me if i'm wrong. He has Serious Knowledge about pool tables.

Msleight

Registered
Slate Repair

I am going to be using Jade stone to repair the chips in my slate, I have read that it works great and gets very hard. I might even have some left over I could sell you depending on how much I use

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170612-125316.jpg
    Screenshot_20170612-125316.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 498

Billiam267

Registered
I just picked up a gold crown two that has a 2" x 3" chip right at the joint where the head and center slate meet, im gonna try bondo to fix it and lap it smooth, maybe see if i can find a local countertop guy and see if he can kiss grind them flat again cause they have a bad warp to them also... i cant find new slates anywhere on the web? any advice?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I just picked up a gold crown two that has a 2" x 3" chip right at the joint where the head and center slate meet, im gonna try bondo to fix it and lap it smooth, maybe see if i can find a local countertop guy and see if he can kiss grind them flat again cause they have a bad warp to them also... i cant find new slates anywhere on the web? any advice?

Slate Sales
http://www.lakesidebilliardsupply.com/pooltableslate.html