Justin Bergman looking to gamble

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a post on Facebook that Justin is looking to gamble with anybody not from the Phillipines or SVB. How about Chang Jung Lin? I heard he gambles and has beat Orcollo like a drum the times they have played.

Just throwing that out there since we all know no American's will step up to the plate unless given some ridiculous spot.

This is not a shot at Bergman as he is the 2nd best player in a country of 350 million people but more of a shot of how few of the great players will step up to the plate when money is on the line.

Last edited:

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure that "How about Chang Jung Lin is a question!! That is why there is something called a question mark after that! The reason I brought this up is because Bergman is looking to bet big and nobody is stepping up. Seems like common sense to bring up a suggestion in that scenario. But what do I know.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought Bergman and Morra were playing for $ 50,000 sometime in the near future.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure that "How about Chang Jung Lin is a question!! That is why there is something called a question mark after that! The reason I brought this up is because Bergman is looking to bet big and nobody is stepping up. Seems like common sense to bring up a suggestion in that scenario. But what do I know.
Or, he can step up and play SVB, and others he is avoiding if nobody is willing to step up to him ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree Jose!! The same reason other players are not playing him is the reason he is not playing SVB. I believe the Morra match is off. I'm guessing because of Morra but only they know.!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I saw a post on Facebook that Justin is looking to gamble with anybody not from the Phillipines or SVB. How about Chang Jung Lin? I heard he gambles and has beat Orcollo like a drum the times they have played.

Just throwing that out there since we all know no American's will step up to the plate unless given some ridiculous spot.

This is not a shot at Bergman as he is the 2nd best player in a country of 350 million people but more of a shot of how few of the great players will step up to the plate when money is on the line.

Tell him to come to Salt City Billiards on August 30th, the night before Turning Stone. He can have all he wants.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Really? You gon get all righteous 2 MINUTES AFTER YOU EDIT YOUR POST?!

Sexy.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Heard a little about the FB drama between Sword, and Thorpe :thumbup:. Sword looking to take on the world with Bergman. I'm pretty sure the KO's aren't on the list either lol. I like Bergman though, and hope he books some winners.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe cause all the big action right is on one pocket. what about Shaw or Sky?

Hell, someone back The Pearl, he'll play! Lol

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder if the post was referring to the players in Vegas right now. If not, i think there are a few others he would add to the list. Primarily, some guys from Taiwan.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Kudos for JBerg for speaking up....
Seems like some don't like a man woofin' for action....
..then you can go back to complaining that players don't want to play each other.

Pretty sure that Morra is not in action mode right now.

Let 'em know, Justin

JC

Coos Cues

Looking to bet big as long as it's not someone he's likely to lose to?

And no one is stepping up?

Imagine that!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

JC

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Let me give you a little scene from 1989....and how not to interfere in a man creating action.

...it was Valley Forge....when Joe Kerr was still running things.

The venues back then used to stay open all night...after the tournament matches were done...
...the action started......a few hundred people weren't leaving the stands, waiting...
....nobody was making a move, but nobody was leaving.

Jimmy Mataya stepped into the center arena....dressed all in black...coat, hat suit, shirt,
shoes, socks, and tie.....looked like a gunfighter.....put his hands on his hips....
,,,turned a full circle slowly...staring down the crowd......said....
"I'm gonna bust the first man that stands up."

Now Varner, Hall, McCready, Hopkins, Davenport...et al...were there and never said a word...
...they weren't afraid of him...but they were hip....
...they just smiled at each other....they let Jimmy do his thing...
...within a few minutes, there were five action tables going....Jimmy still wasn't playing...
...but he had his money involved on all tables, either backing or side betting.

sometimes you just gotta let the action begin

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let me give you a little scene from 1989....and how not to interfere in a man creating action.

...it was Valley Forge....when Joe Kerr was still running things.

The venues back then used to stay open all night...after the tournament matches were done...
...the action started......a few hundred people weren't leaving the stands, waiting...
....nobody was making a move, but nobody was leaving.

Jimmy Mataya stepped into the center arena....dressed all in black...coat, hat suit, shirt,
shoes, socks, and tie.....looked like a gunfighter.....put his hands on his hips....
,,,turned a full circle slowly...staring down the crowd......said....
"I'm gonna bust the first man that stands up."

Now Varner, Hall, McCready, Hopkins, Davenport...et al...were there and never said a word...
...they weren't afraid of him...but they were hip....
...they just smiled at each other....they let Jimmy do his thing...
...within a few minutes, there were five action tables going....Jimmy still wasn't playing...
...but he had his money involved on all tables, either backing or side betting.

sometimes you just gotta let the action begin

Jimmy was that way, he knew how to generate action. And don't worry he could play too. I was TD at the McDermott Masters in Vegas the year he beat Earl in the finals (maybe late 80's).

Here's one I only saw twice in my life. First - Ed Kelly walks into the back room at Johnston City, in a room full of the best hustlers in the country, and proclaims he'll play anybody there some 9-Ball. No one makes a peep until a snoozing Luther Lassiter in the corner gets nudged and wakes up. Someone whispers in his ear and Luther gets up and looks at Kelly. He asks him, "What did you say?" Kelly's response, "I didn't mean you Mr. Lassiter." The room broke out in laughter.

Second - same scenario in Bend, Oregon where all the top players are gathered together for Ronnie Allen's big bash. I was working this event in 1976. The tournament had just ended with Dan Louie emerging victorious over Mike Sigel. The place was packed and into the room strides Denny Searcy, who had not played in the tournament or shown his face there until now. He looks around and says, "I'll play anybody here for $5,000!" Sigel, Hubbart, Rempe, Varner, Richie Florence, Ronnie etc. are all in the room. No one says boo until Louie Roberts steps up and says he wants to play but needs some backers. Somehow Louie gets together five grand and they play Ten Ahead 9-Ball. Louie is over matched and within three hours Denny has the money, and he's gone, disappearing like the Lone Ranger. I didn't see Denny again until he showed up in Bellflower to play in (and beat) the big Payball game.

Last edited: