Scott Lee lesson

GriffinG

dogger of balls
Silver Member
After 14 years of playing and learning on my own, I finally decided it was time to get some instruction as my game had reached a plateau I simply could not surpass on my own. After several weeks of research into midwest instructors, I decided to reach out to Scott Lee. As someone who used information in other people's reviews of Scott, I thought I would describe my own experience as I'm sure there are other people out there wondering the same things I was.
Scott is one of those people who is just easy to be around, he makes you feel comfortable and his knowledge comes through very clearly in his instruction. His progression of material makes sense and he spends extra time on the items that need extra attention.
We spent a great deal of time breaking down what I currently do into small parts, examining each portion and looking for adjustments I could make that may help me be more consistent and precise with my fundamentals. What an eye opener this was!! There were things I was absolutely sure I knew about my stroke and my mechanics, but when I was forced to watch a video of myself frame-by-frame, I had no choice but to see just how inconsistent I could be! It was great!
Don't get me wrong, we did not completely overhaul my fundamentals, Scott makes it very clear that anything we talk about is a choice I have to make about what works for me. That being said, I can tell you that we were able to find several things that I am completely confident will improve my game substantially once I make the adjustments and they become second nature.
Overall, well worth the time and the money, and on top of what I learned, he provided me with DVD copies of the entire day as well as the paper materials, so I can go back and re-take the lesson any time I want. Do yourself a favor and reach out to Scott, you won't be disappointed.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So because Scott like to keep his pricess kind of like a close guarded secret, what did this cost??? Was it a day, hour, or couple of hour lesson?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So because Scott like to keep his pricess kind of like a close guarded secret, what did this cost??? Was it a day, hour, or couple of hour lesson?
$300 for 4 hours.....however the 4 course might take over 4 hours. Scott does not look at the clock. The price does not change.
I finally decided it was time to get some instruction as my game had reached a plateau I simply could not surpass on my own. After several weeks of research into midwest instructors, I decided to reach out to Scott Lee..
I did the same thing. The first lesson with scott was so positive I met with Scott multiple times and covered different aspects each time in the past 2 years. I hope to continue to meet with Scott once or twice a year. I don't play as much as I would like to but when I do I feel more confident at the table.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ill second that scott does not look at the clock, other than to know when to put a new dvd on so the entire lesson is recorded

my 4 hr lesson took 6.5 hrs to get done

great instructor and person and look forward to applying the curriculum and future lessons

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
after my second scott lee lesson last month ive grown as a shot maker considerably
I enjoy pool again because I understamd know why ive missed certain shots in the past
I have a better understanding of to use and place the cue ball

before my second lesson I had almost given up on it
but recently im enjoying the game as much as ever due to the things ive learned from scott

im growing as a player and its fun again

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
after my second scott lee lesson last month ive grown as a shot maker considerably
I enjoy pool again because I understamd know why ive missed certain shots in the past
I have a better understanding of to use and place the cue ball

before my second lesson I had almost given up on it
but recently im enjoying the game as much as ever due to the things ive learned from scott

im growing as a player and its fun again

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and you'll keep improving.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lesson withScott

Scott gives much more instruction than he charges for I can assure you. In fact you'll wonder how he stays so enthusiastic about the game and best of all you have made a good friend. Cost is the last thing you'll remember!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A good friend that cost you 300 bucks.

I took a few lessons from Scott.... I must be his best friend.
Want one of the best instructors around...call Scott. Don't want a great instructor....don't call Scott. Like a poster said...$300 is the last thing on the students mind. When the lesson ends most students thank Scott and say they'll contact him again.

Last edited:

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have also had a couple of different lessons with Scott Lee; each a full day. He is incredibly knowledgeable and patient. You couldn't ask for a better instructor. I'd highly recommend him any day.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
$300 won't buy me a good cue.

Scott is the best, he may be cheap but he's GREAT!

randyg