BK3 butt with a LD shaft?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was considering getting a 314-2 shaft and pairing it up with my BK3 butt.

Am I crazy?

My current player is a meucci butt with an OB Classic shaft.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had acquired a used BK3 and the guy threw in a z2 shaft. The only problem with the setup was that the bk3 butt was very light for me as a shooting cue.

I sold the z2 due to the hallow feel and the small tip. YMMV

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had acquired a used BK3 and the guy threw in a z2 shaft. The only problem with the setup was that the bk3 butt was very light for me as a shooting cue.

I sold the z2 due to the hallow feel and the small tip. YMMV

You are right. My BK3 purchased at 17oz. I never weighed it and I dont have the bolts setup to add weight to it.

Guess I'll scratch that idea. I do like the look of the BK3 butt and had always wanted to turn it into my playing cue.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sport models are pretty nice looking if you want to go the predator route. I like the ice models. I just don't like the shafts. Mezz Ex Pro and Jacoby Hybrid for me.

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've actually been doing that with a z2 shaft because my current cue broke. It's super light but definitely works!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a BK2 with a 314 and a Z for a period of time because I preferred the weight and balance. It was only after I bought a weight kit that I went back to my "proper" play cue.

The only annoyance using the BK2 was (i) some people kept asking me why I was playing with a break cue not noticng 314 or Z on the shaft (ii) people asking me if they could break with my cue. In terms of play, it was great.

Not sure about the BK3 but my BK2 with a LD shaft had a weight of 19OZ and balance point about 18.2 inches which made it a very balanced cue