Coarser linen?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mm looking to have my cue rewrapped, but I'm looking for a coarser linen. I'm not sure what I have on my cue, but it seems thin. Are there any linens that are slightly thicker or more coarse?

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you wipe your current linen with a moist cloth towel it will be more coarse once it dries.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a dual stand linen wrap before done by Ryan Theewen at Mueller's. It was one of the best feeling wraps I've even had. I found it it thicker and more coarse. It also looks awesome too. I believe it was light brown/white speck and white/double brown speck.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cortland Dacron

I mm looking to have my cue rewrapped, but I'm looking for a coarser linen. I'm not sure what I have on my cue, but it seems thin. Are there any linens that are slightly thicker or more coarse?

Ray Martin used it on all of his cues from what I have heard. I have a original white w/ green spec full spool. I heard Ray was having a cue built a while back and offered to let some go, but never heard back.

http://cuezilla.com/week-11-george-balabushka-cue-for-ray-martin/

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just have them put it on and barely press it without heavy press and polish and you should have the feel you are after.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just have them put it on and barely press it without heavy press and polish and you should have the feel you are after.

That's what I was thinking.

The antique cues are not even pressed really. Just wrapped. It comes out pretty well textured.

I prefer a really well done press and finishing work. I don't know what the cue makers do but some sure have a way with it. Done well it is absorbent but still very grippy. When people complain their linen wrap is not enough grip I think it just isn't finished right.

If you want rough, start by trying an unpressed or lightly pressed wrap I say.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue that the linen feels thicker than standard. Maybe a 30lb vs a 27lb. I like feeling the linen ridges. Whatever is on my cue is too thin. I want texture.