Time well spent

themarengokid

I have just had my first official training session with pbia instructor Lance Cowles from Battle Creek Mi. I went into it knowing that I am an above average shooter and was somewhat sceptical that the infomation may be too "beginner" for me. I quickly learned that was not the case. I've known Lance for a few years and have learned a ton from him as he is a superior player in all games with a specialty in one pocket. Going through the pbia format pointed out some key adjustments that I needed to make to some of my most basic fundamentals and I am already seeing improvements. If your in the area it is in your best interest to come see this guy if you are serious about improving game. On top of the training materials, he also has a ton of experience and personal knowledge about playing equipment, conditions, stategies for different games, and minset that are guaranteed to gain you a few balls. Check him out, you won't be dissapointed.

Bossman69

Registered
I have enjoyed shooting with themarengokid on each occasion he has been able to budget away from family and work. Even though you were an above average shooter when we started shooting together, it is easy see the overall improvement of each aspect of your game.
The evaluation and small changes that you are making with your stroke will pay great dividend. Your shot making ability has improved immensely as has your cue ball control. You move the cue ball much better with more accuracy.
Keep up the hard work and practice as you can. I look forward to working with you again.
I am impressed with the improvement in your one pocket game. Have a great summer.:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone at any level of ability could benefit from time spent with Lance. He has superior knowledge and high level skill. In addition his communication skills are excellent, and he can communicate easily with everyone. Regardless of your current ability, you can learn a lot from Bossman69! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

olddog02

I agree with the Scott and the Marengo kid. I have been playing pool seriously for nearly 20 years and Lance has opened my eyes and showed me another higher tier of information and strategy that is not easily obtained in reading materials. I plan to keep taking lessons and working with Lance to improve my stroke and gain advanced knowledge for all of the games I play.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an update, Lance now has a fantastic teaching facility with 4 9' tables...2 Diamonds and 2 Brunswicks. If you are looking for instruction at any level, in MI, Lance Cowles is the man for the job. He also has a FB page, which I believe is Cuesports of Battle Creek. Look him up...you can't go wrong, regardless of how good you already play. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really enjoy reading reviews such as this by students of their instructors. It is one of the more rewarding aspects for a teacher to hear how his or her student is progressing after the lessons begin to take hold.

Well done to all concerned.

Tom