Pred Gen 3

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any reviews on how the Gen 3 predator shafts play.

I am familiar with the Z shaft Gen 2.

Looking for 3/8thx11 pin probably 314-3 or Vantage review.

Last edited:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Gen 3 are OK shafts, but nothing impressive. Z3 have more deflection than Z2.
I played with Z3 and 314-3, I wasn't impressed.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the 314'3. It is a bit stiffer than 314'2 and a little different feel. Its an okay shaft imo, not a huge game changer from the previous model though.

Wood used in the 3rd gen that I have is far better than that used in my 314'2. Looks nicer and feels smoother, even when it is still pretty new. If I could only have one for the rest of my life I'd take the 3rd gen :smile:

Havent tried the Vantage or Z3 so I cant speak for those.

Let us know what you end up with :rolleyes:

Kfthepooldoctor

vantage

I had a vantage for a couple of months it played very well but traded it for a Gen 3 314 which feels better to me.... best to find someone or a dealer who has one and try it for yourself

djpstacked03

Student of Billiards
Silver Member
I bought the 314-3 and have been playing with it for about a month now. I switched over from using the z2 which I had been using for around 3 years. The deflection is a bit higher than the z2 but manageable and still low. The hit is nice, good feedback and medium stiffness. I feel my game has jumped a bit since switching. My stroke isn't perfect and I have a 9' diamond. I was having trouble generating enough energy with the z2 and struggling a bit with the long straight in shots. Those shots seem easier to me now. Could be perception or a bit in my head but so far I like it.

icecool69

Registered
I am playing with a predator z3 shaft, love it however, your stoke has to be accurate to be able to use it to its full potential.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big 3

So far, I have tried the 314-3, the OB Classic+ and the Tiger Ultra X LD and I have to be honest, after playing with a Predator shaft for the last 10 years I'm disappointed in the new shaft. Here is my opinion on finishing order as far as feel, finish and function...

1. Tiger
2. OB
3. Predator

PoolFool

Judge me by my size do u?
Silver Member
Has anyone here changed the z3 into a pro taper? If so, did it change the stiffness much or hit in anyway? Any feedback would be appreciated.

dano599

Registered
Been playing w the Z3 for about 4 months now, and have to agree with icecool69, you have to have your concentration in zone mode or your shot will be off, but is a little more forgiving than the Z2 in my opinion, or the ob pro. I've been thinking about trying the 314-3@ 12.5 mm, also or Mezz ExPro.

JBPA74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing w the Z3 for about 4 months now, and have to agree with icecool69, you have to have your concentration in zone mode or your shot will be off, but is a little more forgiving than the Z2 in my opinion, or the ob pro. I've been thinking about trying the 314-3@ 12.5 mm, also or Mezz ExPro.
I have the Mezz WX900 and a Z-2. The Mezz is a 12mm and far more forgiving than the Z-2. It is a conical taper and has a great hit. I want to play with the Z-2, but it's just to easy to shoot with the Mezz instead of struggling with a perfect stroke which most of us amateur's don't have. Try the WX900. You won't be sorry.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used both Vantage & 314-3 w/ the stock tips. Vantage is the way to go for me compared to a 314-3. Both give excellent feedback - lively, crisp & solid. Played with a 314-3 for almost a year & then tried the Vantage out of curiousity. I have not looked back since then. The 314-3 feels softer compared to the Vantage w/ more deflection. I also prefer a very stiff hit w/c the Vantage gives. The biggest factor in choosing the Vantage is the deflection properties. I find my deflection estimations are correct most of the time which has helped me pocket balls with spin.

The size is not really a factor for me - i find that to be a psychological thing that you can get over with.

Fwiw, I have used 314-2, 314-3, Mezz WX 700 & 900 & the OB Classic shafts. The Vantage the best for me imo.

NavyJay007

Registered
Schon CX90 with a 313-3 shaft

Should I invest the money and get a Predator 314-3 shaft for my schon cue. I have a cx-90 and notice the current shaft has a lot of deflection. Thanks for the input.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you feel like the lesser cue ball deflection will help you then you should try a low deflection shaft. 314'3 is a good shaft to go with if you are willing to spend the $ :smile:

I liked my Schon a lot better with a Predator than with the original shaft.