What are they worth

Kendra

Hi I have 4 cues wanna know their value 1st one is a Mali cue.
1st- Mali
2nd-Pro Speed
3rd-Lucky
4th-Stealth
Am selling them want to know fair price.

Attachments

• IMG_20170510_192238.jpg
    IMG_20170510_192238.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20170510_192402.jpg
    IMG_20170510_192402.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_20170510_192137.jpg
    IMG_20170510_192137.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20170510_192046.jpg
    IMG_20170510_192046.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi from Palm Coast Florida. :smile: Funny to run into you here.

I am one of the experts around here at identifying cues and cue values. :smile:

My wife already said we would take the Mali cue for your advertised price of $65 on Swip Swap.

Nobody here can tell you the value from those pictures. The cue would need to be examined or you would at least need to provide high resolution close-ups. Also, the dimensions of the cue would need to be measured with a caliper. Example: How many milimeters is the tip? Is the cue straight? And I don't mean how straight it looks to somebody that does not know what they are doing. Is the wrap in good condition? How much does the cue weigh? How much does the shaft weigh by itself?

Is that a green label or gold label Mali? Is that Mali logo 100% intact or is it scuffed up?

Condition is everything.

A cue like that could be worth anything from almost nothing to maybe $150 or so.

With your fuzzy pictures and no real information on the condition and specs I think your price was fair. I would be taking a lot of risk, and you would be getting decent cash. No Ebay fees. No shipping fees.

If the cue is perfect it is a good buy for me.

With a cue like this, almost any repair beyond replacing a tip rapidly approaches the full value of the cue. A refinish costs more than the cue is worth.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be happy to look at the cue at the Cue Note pool hall in Palm Coast if you like. Maybe Saturday?

Kendra

Yes I spoke to her but I was told the Mali could be worth more. So I came upon this site to investigate. I would hate to part with it and under value it. Maybe we could meet and negotiate. I'll bring the person with me that told me to find out if your up to it. Let me know

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll have my wife get in touch with you. :)

Oh:thumbup:, and welcome to the forum!

EDIT: In the mean time, handle with care. Dents, dings, and scratches will immediately suck value away from the cue. If you don't have a proper case for it I recommend you wrap the two pieces in bubble wrap or at least newspaper.
I have seen people just rubber band them together...don't do that. The two pieces rubbing together will immediately scuff up the finish.

Last edited: