What is the best & your favorite shaft !!!

Your Favorite Shaft

• Total voters

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
old growth shaft? timberless shaft? other custom shaft?

I think this is what they vote for. They prefer a custom shaft rather than a production shaft.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got a new baby on my butt.. after liking the BD shaft SS360 in a year.. i got a jim pierce cue and I may say that this is my best cue right now in terms of playability. I LOVE THE BOWLING ALLEY SHAFT of PIERCE (Old Growth Shaft).. solid hit and crispier than my SS360

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm a huge fan of good quality straight grained and clear hard maple. It's fantastic with a taper, ferrule and tip I like. For me there is nothing better. Nothing else can elevate my game except for paying time and diligent practice. Every LD shaft that is hollowed at the front that I've tried feels phony to me.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a huge fan of good quality straight grained and clear hard maple. It's fantastic with a taper, ferrule and tip I like. For me there is nothing better. Nothing else can elevate my game except for paying time and diligent practice. Every LD shaft that is hollowed at the front that I've tried feels phony to me.

What he said.

I've tried many of the LD Shafts and they helped me make shots that were normally difficult. However, they didn't give the enjoyment and the feel of a well hit ball that a good maple shaft gives.

I would rather put in the extra practice time and have that unique feed back that only maple gives.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really a fan of the LD shafts, I do not really see the benefit. Seems to be mostly marketing to me. Solid maple custom shaft for me.

MalibuMike

Banned
Old 1980's Schon Runde Micarta Shafts!

I have tried Every Shaft LD and other out there and have gone back to 1980's Schon Runde Shafts with the yellow Micarta, nothing comes close!

Attachments

• 14171978_10208317767675391_617445694_n.jpg
    14171978_10208317767675391_617445694_n.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,318
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,359
  • 20150429_174214.jpg
    20150429_174214.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,330
  • 1458112516645.jpg
    1458112516645.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • user71166_pic15551_1436387875.jpg
    user71166_pic15551_1436387875.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,309

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried Every Shaft LD and other out there and have gone back to 1980's Schon Runde Shafts with the yellow Micarta, nothing comes close!

i thought u love ur tiger xpro or hybrid or ur ss360

now you change ur mind again and go back to Runde Shaft...lol

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I've tried them all. There's a bunch of elements I'd like to put into one shaft from all of them to make the perfect shaft for me. But I wish I could find a solid tip that isn't three years old and dried to shit. Fresh Triangle or similar. Bought a few different solid tips and they were all dry. Since the laminated tips and they became popular for some godawful reason the solid tips stay in stock past their expiration date.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

str8shot

Crack Em' Hard
Silver Member
My favorites at the moment....

1. Pure X HXT skinny (players)
Bought one of the Pure X HXTSN sneaky pete and got 2 shafts for leauge until my custom is done. This cue plays amazing with those shafts, i am so impressed i think i am gonna have one matched to my custom as well. Its actually causing problems cause my handicap will proably go up again lmao.

2. Jim Pierce bowling alley shafts with an ivory ferrule.
Never had a standard maple shaft play as lively as his do. If you havent tried his cues yet give them a shot.

3. Predator Pre-cat
Not much to say here if you have tried one you know why its on the list.

I have used all of the following shafts as well to give you an idea what i have tried-
Predator 314- all generations
Predator Z all generations
OB- all of them in the old style none of the new stuff
Mezz WD700 and Hybrid Pro
BD SS360
Tiger Ultra X Ld
McDermott i2 & i3
Misc standard maple shafts

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Searing 13mm, 4oz 29.5 inch w a ivory ferrule made for a Szamboti originally. Imposssible to get another. Second best Runde same specs but Westinghouse micarta ferrule. Imho

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the maple shafts like on house cues or
South West

i prefer stiffer not protaper

Oh boy! Could have told you this was all going to be about low deflection shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

sharver

Registered
I3. I love the hit from super soft all the way to hate crime. I recently tried the revo . Dont see the hype next one i want to try is the xact2

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of all the LD shafts I own, this is my ranking:

1. Pechauer Performance Plus 12.75mm
2. Mezz Hybrid Pro 2 - 12.5mm
3. Predator 314-3
4. Predator 314-2
5. OB Classic (not Plus version) 12.75mm
6. Meucci The Pro 12.5mm
7. McDermott I-2 - 12.5mm